Detroit, Michigan, has undergone a lot of change over the decades. From a city settled by the French during the 18th century to the focal point of trade and innovation, Detroit has reinvented itself several times over - with some booms and busts along the way.
Modern Detroit shows signs of decline, the result of economic downturns, racial tensions, and infrastructure challenges alike. As a city that remains rich in culture and history, Detroit has a unique look to it that holds onto its past with vigor while simultaneously displaying the undeniable hardships it has faced. Pictures of Detroit then and now reveal all of this - and maybe a bit more. Take a look at these historical photos of Detroit and vote up the ones that show most clearly how the once-thriving city has changed.
1. Baseball At Bennett Park Vs. Comerica Park (1907 Vs. 2004)
2. Yacht Club House On Belle Isle (c. 1894 Vs. 2005)
3. Merrill Humane Fountain (c. 1906 Vs. 2013)
4. Detroit Dry Dock No. 2 (1892 Vs. 2009)
5. Ford River Rouge Complex (c. 1927 Vs. 2019)
6. Fireboats On The Detroit River (1901 Vs. 2011)