List of the best Dirk Bogarde movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Dirk Bogarde's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Dirk Bogarde movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Dirk Bogarde movies will be at the top of the list. Dirk Bogarde has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Dirk Bogarde movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Dirk Bogarde films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Dirk Bogarde role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Dirk Bogarde performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
The list you're viewing has a variety of films in it, like Modesty Blaise and Oh! What a Lovely War."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Dirk Bogarde movies?" and "What are the greatest Dirk Bogarde roles of all time?"
- The Wind Cannot Read is a 1958 British drama film directed by Ralph Thomas and starring Dirk Bogarde, Yoko Tani, Ronald Lewis and John Fraser. It was based on a novel by Richard Mason. Songwriter, ...more
- The Damned is a 1969 Italian-German drama film written and directed by Luchino Visconti. The plot centers around the Essenbecks, a wealthy industrialist family who have begun doing business with the ...more
- In early 1960s London, barrister Melville Farr (Dirk Bogarde) is on the path to success. With his practice winning cases and a loving marriage to his wife (Sylvia Syms), Farr's career and personal ...more
- Tony (James Fox), a British aristocrat, hires the mysterious Hugo Barrett (Dirk Bogarde) as his household servant. The new employee soon begins to cause unrest in the household, and Tony is forced to ...more
- Each installment of this composite of four stories by W. Somerset Maugham is full of curious British characters. A young tennis player journeys to Monte Carlo and engages in game-playing off the ...more
- Hunted is a black-and-white British film directed by Charles Crichton and released in 1952. Hunted is a crime drama in the form of a chase film, starring Dirk Bogarde, and written by Jack Whittingham ...more
- Composer Gustave Aschenbach (Dirk Bogarde) travels to a Venice resort to escape personal and artistic stress. However, peace eludes him as he develops a disturbing attraction to an adolescent boy, ...more
- Harrington Brande (Michael Hordern), a British diplomat who recently broke up with his wife, is stationed in a small coastal town in Spain with his son, Nicholas (Jon Whiteley). Harrington is ...more
- Despair is a 1978 film directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder and starring Dirk Bogarde, based on the novel of the same name by Vladimir Nabokov. It was entered into the 1978 Cannes Film ...more
- Newbie London police officer Andy Mitchell (Jimmy Hanley) is paired with seasoned cop George Dixon (Jack Warner) to work the night shift. When criminals Tom Riley (Dirk Bogarde) and Spud (Patric ...more
- Famous pianist Franz Liszt (Dirk Bogarde) is unhappily married to Countess Marie D'Agoult (Genevieve Page) and considers quitting performing in order to devote his life to God. However, he then meets ...more
- When brash young thug Frank Clemmons (Dirk Bogarde) attempts to rob psychiatrist Clive Esmond (Alexander Knox), the doctor surprisingly gains the upper hand. Instead of sending Frank to jail, Clive ...more
- The Mind Benders is a 1963 British thriller film produced by Michael Relph, directed by Basil Dearden and starring Dirk Bogarde, Mary Ure, John Clements, Michael Bryant and Wendy Craig.
- Popular singer Jenny Bowman (Judy Garland) travels to London for a big show and while there arranges a meeting with old flame David Donne (Dirk Bogarde), with whom -- 15 years earlier -- she produced ...more
- Stephen (Dirk Bogarde) is a professor at Oxford University who is caught in a rut and feels trapped by his life in both academia and marriage. One of his students, William (Michael York), is engaged ...more
- Clive (John Gielgud), a frequently drunk author in declining health, is busy working on a new book at his Rhode Island home. The characters in his new story are based on his actual family, which ...more
- Based on the acclaimed Bernard Malamud novel of the same name, this drama finds Yakov Bok (Alan Bates), a Jewish handyman, wrongly imprisoned and accused of murder by the Russian Empire. As Bok ...more
- It is the height of the Napoleonic Wars and, at sea, Capt. Crawford (Alec Guinness) is in charge of the H.M.S. Defiant. Well-liked by his crew, Crawford clashes with the newest man on board, Lt. ...more
- When the tiny European nation of Lampidorra faces bankruptcy, an American businessman buys the country. He dies before the completion of the deal, and the country is then left to his distant ...more
- Beautiful but easily bored Diana Scott (Julie Christie) becomes a popular model and actress in London in the 1960s while toying with the affections of two older men, married television newsman Robert ...more
- Ill Met by Moonlight, also known as Night Ambush, is a film by the British writer-director-producer team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, and the last movie they made together through their ...more
- Libel is a 1959 British drama film. It stars Olivia de Havilland, Dirk Bogarde, Paul Massie, Wilfrid Hyde-White and Robert Morley. The film's screenplay was written by Anatole de Grunwald and Karl ...more
- In this World War I drama, English army private Arthur Hamp (Tom Courtenay) is accused of deserting his company while on the battlefield. Defended at his trial by the initially unsympathetic ...more
- In London, Terence Sullivan (John Mills), a longtime gunman for the Irish Republican Army, has started questioning his loyalty to the cause, which disturbs his younger brother, Matt (Dirk Bogarde), ...more
- Campbell's Kingdom is a 1957 British adventure film directed by Ralph Thomas, based on the 1952 novel of the same name by Hammond Innes. The film stars Dirk Bogarde and Stanley Baker, with Michael ...more