List of popular Domenico Cimarosa operas, listed alphabetically with photos when available. This Domenico Cimarosa operas list includes the names of all Domenico Cimarosa operas, so if you're an opera lover you might recognize many of these historic operas. This famous Domenico Cimarosa operas list contains various bits of information, such as what language they were composed in and what genre the popular Domenico Cimarosa opera falls under. There are a lot of well-known Domenico Cimarosa operas out there so this list is a great way to learn about the ones you haven't heard of before.
List features composers like Il matrimonio segreto, Le astuzie femminili.
This list answers the question, "Which operas did Domenico Cimarosa write?"If you're writing a research paper about historic Domenico Cimarosa operas then this is the perfect jumping off point to find out which famous operas were composed by Domenico Cimarosa.
- Giannina e Bernardone is a dramma giocoso in two acts by composer Domenico Cimarosa with an Italian libretto by Filippo Livigni. The opera premiered in the autumn of 1781 at the Teatro San Samuele in... more
Gli Orazi e i CuriaziGli Orazi e i Curiazi is an opera in three acts composed by Domenico Cimarosa to a libretto by Antonio Simeone Sografi, based on Pierre Corneille's tragedy Horace.... more
- Il maestro di cappella is an operatic intermezzo in one act by Domenico Cimarosa. The first known performance of the work was on July 2, 1793 in Berlin, Germany. However, it is likely that this was... more
- Il matrimonio segreto is an opera in two acts, music by Domenico Cimarosa, on a libretto by Giovanni Bertati, based on the play The Clandestine Marriage by George Colman the Elder and David Garrick.... more
- L'Armida immaginaria is a dramma giocoso in three acts by composer Domenico Cimarosa with an Italian libretto by Giuseppe Palomba. The opera was first performed in Naples, Italy during the summer of... more
- L'impresario in angustie is an operatic farsa in one act by composer Domenico Cimarosa with an Italian libretto by Giuseppe Maria Diodati. The opera premiered at the Teatro Nuovo in Naples, Italy in... more
- La Cleopatra is an opera seria in two acts by composer Domenico Cimarosa with an Italian libretto by F. Moretti.... more
- La finta parigina is an opera buffa by Domenico Cimarosa with a mostly Italian libretto by Francesco Cerlone. The opera premiered at the Teatro Nuovo in Naples, Italy in 1773.... more
- Le astuzie femminili is an dramma giocoso in four acts by composer Domenico Cimarosa with an Italian libretto by Giuseppe Palomba. The opera buffa first premiered at the Teatro dei Fiorentini in... more
- Le donne rivali is an intermezzo in two acts by composer Domenico Cimarosa with an Italian libretto by a now unknown poet. It is speculated that Giuseppe Petrosellini may have been the author of the... more
The Italian Girl in LondonThe Italian Girl in London is one of eight comic operas, termed intermezzi, which Domenico Cimarosa wrote between 1777 and 1784 for the Teatro Valle, a handsome neo-classical Roman theatre built in... more