List of the best Don Ameche movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Don Ameche's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Don Ameche movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Don Ameche movies will be at the top of the list. Don Ameche has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Don Ameche movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Don Ameche films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Don Ameche role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Don Ameche performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
This is a list that includes films like Girl Trouble and Four Sons."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Don Ameche movies?" and "What are the greatest Don Ameche roles of all time?"
- In this musical, Larry Martin (Don Ameche) entertains crowds with his skillful impersonations of airline czar Baron Manuel Duarte (also Ameche). When Duarte and his wife visit Larry during his act, ...more
- Spoiled playboy Henry van Cleve (Don Ameche) dies and arrives at the entrance to Hell, a final destination he is sure he deserves after living a life of profligacy. The devil (Laird Cregar), however, ...more
- When out-of-work showgirl Eve (Claudette Colbert) arrives in Paris with no work in sight, she asks taxi driver Tibor (Don Ameche) to drive her from club to club. But the more time she spends with ...more
- Upper-crust executive Louis Winthorpe III (Dan Aykroyd) and down-and-out hustler Billy Ray Valentine (Eddie Murphy) are the subjects of a bet by successful brokers Mortimer (Don Ameche) and Randolph ...more
- High schooler Joseph expands the market of his meth-dealing from his local gang to metro Manila.
- Oscar-winning fantasy in which the residents of a Florida rest home get a new lease of life when they stumble across an alien "fountain of youth" in a disused holiday home. Unbeknown to them, aliens ...more
- In the United States, Glenda Crawford (Betty Grable) buys a horse from Argentinian Ricardo Quintana (Don Ameche), but the sale is canceled when the latter's father, Casiano (J. Carrol Naish), objects ...more
- In 1910s San Francisco, concert violinist Roger Grant (Tyrone Power), also known as Alexander, abandons classical music to join a ragtime band with pianist Charlie Dwyer (Don Ameche) and singer ...more
- The Chicago Mafia makes shoeshine man Gino (Don Ameche) an offer: do the time for a murder he didn't commit, and they'll buy him a fishing boat in Sicily. Gino accepts and is placed in the custody of ...more
- The first version of Ramona to have sound and also the first to have color.
- After the Civil War, small-town girl Helen Leonard (Alice Faye) and her family move from Iowa to New York City. Leonard aspires to be an opera singer, but her dreams alter when an ambitious music ...more
- So Goes My Love is an American 1946 comedy film, produced by Universal Pictures. It is based on a true story, A Genius in the Family, the memoir of Hiram Percy Maxim, and focusing on the relationship ...more
- Sleep, My Love is a 1948 feature film directed by Douglas Sirk, and starring Claudette Colbert, Robert Cummings and Don Ameche.
- While returning from a trip in the woods, George Henderson (John Lithgow) and his family run into something with their car that turns out to be a Sasquatch. Thinking the creature is dead, they take ...more
- Prince Akeem (Eddie Murphy) is the prince of a wealthy African country and wants for nothing, except a wife who will love him in spite of his title. To escape an arranged marriage, Akeem flees to ...more
- Before the Seavers leave for a family vacation to San Francisco, they drop off their pets -- Chance (Michael J. Fox), an adventurous American bulldog; Shadow (Don Ameche), a wise golden retriever; ...more
- After losing nearly all of an inheritance to taxes, sisters Kay (Betty Grable) and Barbara Latimer (Carole Landis), waitresses at a drive-in restaurant in Texas, scheme to find rich husbands. With ...more
- In this musical comedy version of Alexandre Dumas' timeless novel, D'Artagnan (Don Ameche), a French peasant with dreams of joining the Musketeers, sets out for Paris. On the road, he comes across ...more
- Mary and Christopher Price, preparing to leave on a second honeymoon, are contacted by their friend Joe Parker. He's a roving newspaper correspondent who has, for years, convinced his publisher ...more
- Five years after the first "Cocoon," the friendly aliens from the planet Anterea return to Earth to rescue some incubation pods, which have been found by a team of scientists. The elderly people (Don ...more
- Flight Cmdr. Bingo Harper (Don Ameche) is trying to get pilots like ex-film star Ens. Hallam "Oscar" Scott (William Eythe) up to snuff, as he and fellow Naval officers work to defeat the Japanese ...more
- Four Sons is a 1940 film directed by Archie Mayo.
- Judith Poe Wells (Alice Faye), the great-granddaughter of Edgar Allen Poe, struggles to have her own writing taken seriously. Destitute and unable to publish her play, Judy sings at a restaurant to ...more
- The Boatniks is a 1970 American comedy film starring Robert Morse, Stefanie Powers, Don Ameche and Phil Silvers. It was made by Walt Disney Productions, released by Buena Vista Distribution and ...more
- Swanee River is a 1939 American biopic about Stephen Foster, a songwriter from Pittsburgh who falls in love with the South, marries a Southern girl, then is accused of sympathizing when the Civil War ...more