List of the best Donnie Yen movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Donnie Yen's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Donnie Yen movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Donnie Yen movies will be at the top of the list. Donnie Yen has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Donnie Yen movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Donnie Yen films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Donnie Yen role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Donnie Yen performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Items here include everything from Iron Monkey to Ip Man."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Donnie Yen movies?" and "What are the greatest Donnie Yen roles of all time?"
- Ip Man is a 2008 Hong Kong semi biographical martial arts film very loosely based on the life of Yip Man, a grandmaster of the martial art Wing Chun and master of Bruce Lee. The film focuses on ...more
- In this film inspired by a true story, Wing Chun martial arts master Ip Man (Donnie Yen) and his family are moving from Foshan, China, to Hong Kong, where Ip aspires to create a school so that he may ...more
Kung Fu Jungle
- Wing Chun is a 1994 Hong Kong martial arts action drama film produced and directed by Yuen Woo-ping, starring Michelle Yeoh and Yen Chi-tan. The film was preceded by a 1994 television series of the ...more
- Once Upon a Time in China II is a 1992 Hong Kong–Chinese martial arts film written and directed by Tsui Hark, and starring Jet Li as Chinese martial arts master and folk hero of Cantonese ethnicity, ...more
- After he's framed for treason, a legendary royal guard (Donnie Yen) joins forces with a gang of outlaws to save an empire.
- In this visually arresting martial arts epic set in ancient China, an unnamed fighter (Jet Li) is being honored for defeating three of the king's most dangerous enemies. When Nameless recounts his ...more
- Dragon is a 2011 Hong Kong-Chinese martial arts film directed by Peter Chan, and starring Donnie Yen, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Tang Wei. Yen also served as the film's action director. It premiered on 13 ...more
- Ip Man 4: The Finale is a 2019 Hong Kong biographical martial arts film directed by Wilson Yip. Ip Man (Donnie Yen) arrives in San Francisco, United States where his student, Bruce Lee (Danny Chan), ...more
- Seven Swords is a 2005 Hong Kong wuxia film produced and directed by Tsui Hark, starring Donnie Yen, Leon Lai, Charlie Yeung, Sun Honglei, Lu Yi and Kim So-yeon. The story is loosely adapted from ...more
- In a desperate and unjust land, where government corruption rules the day, only one man has the courage to challenge the system and fight back. They call him "Iron Monkey." Under the shadow of night, ...more
- The Lost Bladesman is a 2011 Hong Kong film loosely based on the story of Guan Yu crossing five passes and slaying six generals in Luo Guanzhong's historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. ...more
- In 1906 Hong Kong, a newspaper editor and a tycoon learn of an assassination plot against Sun Yat-sen, and recruit a small band of ordinary men and women to protect him.
- Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen is a 2010 Hong Kong martial arts film directed and produced by Andrew Lau, and starring Donnie Yen as Chen Zhen, a role made famous by Bruce Lee in the ...more
- An Empress and the Warriors is a 2008 Chinese historical drama film directed by Ching Siu-tung and starring Donnie Yen, Kelly Chen, Leon Lai and Kou Zhenhai.
- Half-brothers Dragon (Donnie Yen) and Tiger Wong (Nicholas Tse) are complete strangers. Dragon keeps company with thugs, while Tiger is as straight as an arrow. But their paths converge when Dragon's ...more
- Flash Point is a 2007 Hong Kong action film directed by Wilson Yip, and starring Donnie Yen, Louis Koo, Collin Chou, Xing Yu, Lui Leung-wai and Fan Bingbing. Yen plays Ma Jun, a police sergeant who ...more
- When Detective Chan (Simon Yam) learns he has a fatal brain tumor, he makes it his primary mission to put gangster boss Wong Po (Sammo Hung) away for good. At the same time, Detective Ma Kwun (Donnie ...more
- In the Line of Duty 4: Witness is a 1989 Hong Kong action film directed by Yuen Woo-ping, starring Donnie Yen, Michael Wong and Cynthia Khan. The film was released in the Hong Kong on 21 July ...more
- Legend of the Wolf, alternatively known as The New Big Boss in American and British DVD releases, is a 1997 Hong Kong action-martial arts film directed and produced by, and starring Donnie Yen. The ...more
- Ballistic Kiss is a 1998 Hong Kong action thriller film produced and directed by Donnie Yen and starring Yen and Annie Wu.
- Painted Skin is a 2008 supernatural-fantasy film directed by Gordon Chan, starring Donnie Yen, Chen Kun, Zhou Xun, Zhao Wei, Betty Sun and Qi Yuwu. Although the film is based partly on a supernatural ...more
- Heroes Among Heroes is a 1993 Hong Kong martial arts film directed by Yuen Wo Ping and starring martial arts star Donnie Yen. The film shows opium smugglers in the Qing Dynasty, China and Officer Lin ...more
- Drunken Tai Chi is a 1984 Hong Kong martial arts action film directed by Yuen Woo Ping and starring Donnie Yen in his first major role. Donnie Yen had signed a four-film contract after winning an ...more
- New Dragon Gate Inn is a 1992 Hong Kong wuxia film directed by Raymond Lee and produced by Tsui Hark, starring Brigitte Lin, Tony Leung Ka-fai, Maggie Cheung and Donnie Yen. It was released as Dragon ...more