Drag queens with pseudonyms have many reasons for choosing their names. This list contains information about the real names of drag queens, listed alphabetically by their drag name. Some famous drag queens use their favorite locations as name inspiration while others pick the names of celebrities. Some drag queen stage names are the same as the name they were born with. Others use puns or wordplay to make a memorable stage name.
Who will you find on this real names of famous drag queens list? Of course, RuPaul makes an appearance. The mononymous drag queen was born RuPaul Andre Charles. RuPaul has introduced the world to many of the most famous drag queens through the reality show RuPaul's Drag Race. Bianca Del Rio (born Roy Haylock), Sharon Needles (born Aaron Coady), and Chad Michaels (born Chad Michaels) are some of the best to appear on the series.
Divine - real name Harris Glenn Milstead - was one of the first drag queens to become a household name, having appeared in many of John Waters' films including Hairspray and Polyester. Other famous drag queens include Dusty Ray Bottoms (Dustin Rayburn) and Jaymes Mansfield (James Wirth).
What would your drag name be? Would you hope you were in the Haus of Edwards or would you choose something totally wild and thematic?
- Acid Betty (born Jamin Ruhren) is a draq queen from Brooklyn best known for competing on Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race.... more
Birthplace: Azusa, CaliforniaAdore Delano is the stage name of American, singer, drag queen, and YouTube personality, Daniel Noriega. He is known for appearing on the seventh season of American Idol and the sixth season of... more
Aja - born Jay Rivera
- Alaska Thunderfuck 5000, known mononymously as Alaska on the fifth season of RuPaul's Drag Race, is an American drag performer and recording artist.... more
Birthplace: Florida, Puerto Rico
Gender: MaleAlexis Mateo Pacheco, better known as Alexis Mateo, is a Puerto Rican drag queen, performer, and reality television personality.... more
- Alyssa Edwards (born Justin Johnson) is a drag performer best known as a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race, both in Season 5 and All Stars Season 2.... more
April Carrión - born Jason Carrión
Asia O'Hara - born Antwan Mason Lee
Aquaria - born Giovanni Palandrani
Alternative Name: BeBe Zahara BenetBeBe Zahara Benet is the stage name of Nea Marshall Kudi Ngwa, a Cameroonian-American drag performer and singer best known for winning the first season of the reality-television drag competition... more
BenDeLaCreme - born Benjamin PutnamBenDeLaCreme is an actor....
Gender: MaleRoy Haylock, better known by his stage name Bianca Del Rio, is an American actor, comedian, costume designer, and drag queen. He is a fixture in the New Orleans and New York City club scenes, often... more
Blair St. Clair - born Andrew Bryson
Bob the Drag Queen - born Christopher CaldwellChristopher Caldwell (born June 22, 1986), also known as Bob the Drag Queen, is an American drag queen, comedian and reality television personality. He is best known for winning the eighth season of... more
Birthplace: Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA
Gender: FemaleCarmen Carrera is an American reality television personality, model, burlesque performer, and actress, known for appearing on the third season of the Logo reality television series RuPaul's Drag... more
Gender: MaleChad Michaels is an American drag performer. Michaels was known as a Cher impersonator, before becoming famous as the runner up of the fourth season of RuPaul's Drag Race and as the winner of... more
- Chi Chi DeVayne (born Zavion Davenport, September 24, 1985 – August 20, 2020) was a drag performer from Shreveport, Louisiana, best know for competing on Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race.... more
Gender: OtherShane Gilberto Jenek (born 18 February 1982), better known under the stage name Courtney Act, is an Australian drag queen, pop singer, entertainer and reality television personality. Jenek first came... more
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine (born Carlos Hernandez) is a drag queen from Austin, Texas, best known as a contestant on Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race.... more
- Dame Edna Everage is a character created and performed by Australian comedian Barry Humphries, known for her lilac-coloured or "wisteria hue" hair and cat eye glasses or "face furniture", her... more
Darienne Lake - born Greg Meyer
Delta Work - born Gabriel Villarreal
- Derrick Barry (b. 1983) is a Britney Spears impersonator, who is best known as a contestant in Season 8 of RuPaul's Drag Race.... more
Gender: MaleDetox Icunt, known mononymously as Detox, is an American drag performer and recording artist. Detox was a fixture in the Southern California drag scene before gaining prominence on the fifth season... more