List of the best Ed Harris movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Ed Harris's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Ed Harris movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Ed Harris movies will be at the top of the list. Ed Harris has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Ed Harris movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Ed Harris films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Ed Harris role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Ed Harris performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
List is made up of many different films from Ed Harris' filmography, including Apollo 13, The Truman Show, and Pollock."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Ed Harris movies?" and "What are the greatest Ed Harris roles of all time?"
Ed Harris is no stranger to working with popular directors, including Ron Howard, Michael Bay and James Cameron. Movie fans who love Ed Harris have also been known to enjoy films starring Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich.
- This Hollywood drama is based on the events of the Apollo 13 lunar mission, astronauts Jim Lovell (Tom Hanks), Fred Haise (Bill Paxton) and Jack Swigert (Kevin Bacon) find everything going according ...more
- Aspiring country singer Patsy Cline (Jessica Lange) is resigned to both her thankless gigs and her unhappy marriage, until she meets the charismatic Charlie Dick (Ed Harris). Eventually leaving her ...more
- Ed Harris and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio are formerly married petroleum engineers who still have some issues to work out. They are drafted to assist a gung-ho Navy SEAL (Michael Biehn) with a ...more
- This adaptation of the non-fiction novel by Tom Wolfe chronicles the first 15 years of America's space program. By focusing on the lives of the Mercury astronauts, including John Glenn (Ed Harris) ...more
- A human drama inspired by events in the life of John Forbes Nash Jr., and in part based on the biography "A Beautiful Mind" by Sylvia Nasar. From the heights of notoriety to the depths of depravity, ...more
- In 1935 rural Texas, recently widowed Edna Spaulding (Sally Field) struggles to survive with two small children, a farm to run and very little money in the bank -- not to mention a deadly tornado and ...more
- When a pair of petty criminals attempt to rob his small-town diner, Tom Stall (Viggo Mortensen) quickly and easily kills them both. In the flush of news coverage of Tom's seemingly heroic actions, a ...more
- Vassili (Jude Law) is a young Russian sharpshooter who becomes a legend when a savvy polical officer (Joseph Fiennes) makes him the hero of his propaganda campaign. Their friendship is threatened ...more
- He doesn't know it, but everything in Truman Burbank's (Jim Carrey) life is part of a massive TV set. Executive producer Christof (Ed Harris) orchestrates "The Truman Show," a live broadcast of ...more
- Pollock is a 2000 biography drama film written by Steven Naifeh, Gregory White Smith, Barbara Turner and Susan Emshwiller and directed by Ed Harris.
- Virgil Cole (Ed Harris) and his longtime friend and partner Everett Hitch (Viggo Mortensen) travel the 1880s Southwest, bringing justice to lawless towns desperate enough to hire them. In the mining ...more
- Three young boys pool their money and pay V (Melanie Griffith), a kindhearted prostitute, to strip for them. Afterward, she drives them home to the suburbs -- but then her car breaks down. It's just ...more
- "The Hours" is the story of three women searching for more potent, meaningful lives. Each is alive at a different time and place, all are linked by their yearnings and their fears. Their stories ...more
- FBI chemical warfare expert Stanley Goodspeed (Nicolas Cage) is sent on an urgent mission with a former British spy, John Patrick Mason (Sean Connery), to stop Gen. Francis X. Hummel (Ed Harris) from ...more
- Billy (Ed Harris) is the undisputed leader of a roving band of hardened bikers who support themselves by jousting at medieval fairs and selling their intricately designed wares. As their fearsome ...more
- Jacknife is a 1989 American film directed by David Jones and starring Robert De Niro, Ed Harris and Kathy Baker. The film focuses on a small, serious story, with emphasis on characterization and the ...more
- When an office full of New York City real estate salesmen is given the news that all but the top two will be fired at the end of the week, the atmosphere begins to heat up. Shelley Levene (Jack ...more
- While robbing the home of aging billionaire Walter Sullivan (E.G. Marshall), Luther Whitney (Clint Eastwood) is interrupted by an amorous couple entering the building. As Whitney hides, he sees ...more
- Anna Holtz (Diane Kruger), a student at the Vienna Music Conservatory, eagerly accepts an assignment to work as a copyist for composer Ludwig van Beethoven (Ed Harris). The temperamental maestro ...more
- A young lawyer joins a small but prestigious law firm only to find out that most of their clients are on the wrong side of the law. The company is helping to launder mob money, get clients off ...more
- In a racially divided town, coach Jones (Ed Harris) spots a mentally disabled African-American student named Radio (Cuba Gooding Jr.) near his practice field and is inspired to befriend him. Soon, ...more
- Needful Things is a 1993 horror film and an adaptation of Stephen King's 1991 novel Needful Things. The film was directed by Fraser C. Heston. It stars Max von Sydow, Ed Harris, Bonnie Bedelia and J. ...more
- Along with his girlfriend (Michelle Monaghan), a private detective (Casey Affleck) takes on the difficult task of searching for a kidnapped girl in Boston. During his investigation, he must deal with ...more
- Gone for a decade, Terry Noonan (Sean Penn) is welcomed back into the fold in his Irish-American neighborhood in New York City. A one-time street tough, Terry is now an undercover officer targeting ...more
- A post-apocalyptic ice age forces humanity's last survivors aboard a globe-spanning supertrain. One man (Chris Evans) will risk everything to lead a revolt for control of the engine and the future of ...more