Elephant Bar recipes, a helpful guide to preparing your favorite dishes from the Elephant Bar menu at home. These copycat recipes are typically not based on exactly the method used at Elephant Bar, but are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Elephant Bar's food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.
Elephant Bar is an upscale casual dining restaurant change centered around an African safari theme. Decor features leopard print and zebra stripes, and the menu is a fusion of American, western, and Pan-Asian cuisine. Founded in 1980 by father and son David and Chris Nancarrow, the chain now comprises 47 franchises in 10 states. The bar area of each restaurant hosts Happy Hour every weekday from 3 to 7 PM, serving drinks as low as $2.00 each and appetizers starting at $3.50.What is the best Elephant Bar recipe? Making Elephant Bar recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Elephant Bar recipes from around the Web.
Warm and Spicy Artichoke DipPhoto: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- Combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese and green chilies.
- Mix well and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and chopped tomato if desired.4622Would you try this?
Niu,Niu Coconut Fried Shrimp SkewerPhoto: flickr / CC0
30 large or 15 jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Canola cooking spray
1/3 cup cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red (cayenne) pepper
1 1/2 cups flaked or shredded sweetened coconut
4 large egg whites
15 bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
Zesty Pineapple Dipping Sauce, optional
- Rinse shrimp with cold water; drain on paper towels until dry.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with cooking spray.
- Combine cornstarch, salt and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish.
- Place coconut in another shallow dish.
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until thickened and frothy (just before the soft peaks stage), about 2 minutes.
- Dip each shrimp in cornstarch mixture, coating lightly but completely.
- Dip in egg white, then gently press into coconut to coat well.
- Spear two large shrimp, end to end, or one jumbo shrimp on each skewer.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly coat the tops of the shrimp with canola cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through and the coconut coating is nicely browned.3111Would you try this?
Three Cheese MacaroniPhoto: Metaweb / CC-BY
1 large egg
1 12-ounce can evaporated whole milk
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/3 cups grated muenster cheese (4 ounces), plus 4 deli-thin slices (1 ounce)
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (4 cups)
4 cups medium pasta shells (9 ounces)
- Whisk the egg, evaporated milk, cayenne, nutmeg, and salt and black pepper to taste in a bowl.Toss the pasta in the sauce;
- Toss the grated cheeses in a separate bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook until almost falling apart, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add the pasta to the same water and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the egg mixture and the grated cheeses in the empty pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the cauliflower.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth and light (you can also use a regular blender).
- Stir in some of the reserved pasta water until creamy.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
-Transfer to a shallow casserole dish and top with muenster slices.
- Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.6958Would you try this?
Vietnamese Shrimp Spring RollPhoto: rockYOface / Flickr
2 ounces rice vermicelli (60 mL)
8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
8 large cooked shrimp – peeled, deveined and cut in half
1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil (20 mL)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (45 mL)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (45 mL)
2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- Soak vermicelli in cold water until soft.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook vermicelli for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a second and lay the wrapper on a flat surface.
- In a raw across the center, place 3 shrimp halves down and top with vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce – leaving about 2 inches on each side.
- Fold the uncovered sides inward and roll the wrapper tightly.
- Serve with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
Spicy Peanut Sauce:- Mix peanut butter and water together until thoroughly mixed.
½ cup peanut butter (120 mL)
2 tablespoons water (30 mL)
1 tablespoon gluten free hoisin (15 mL) – can be found here
1 teaspoon Sriracha (5 mL)
Handful of peanuts, crushed
- Add more water (1 teaspoon at a time) if the consistency is too thick.
- Stir in hoisin and Sriracha and top with crushed peanuts.
- Serve with spring rolls.2817Would you try this?