List of the best Ellen Barkin movies, ranked best to worst with movie trailers when available. Ellen Barkin's highest grossing movies have received a lot of accolades over the years, earning millions upon millions around the world. The order of these top Ellen Barkin movies is decided by how many votes they receive, so only highly rated Ellen Barkin movies will be at the top of the list. Ellen Barkin has been in a lot of films, so people often debate each other over what the greatest Ellen Barkin movie of all time is. If you and a friend are arguing about this then use this list of the most entertaining Ellen Barkin films to end the squabble once and for all.
If you think the best Ellen Barkin role isn't at the top, then upvote it so it has the chance to become number one. The greatest Ellen Barkin performances didn't necessarily come from the best movies, but in most cases they go hand in hand.
Examples of films on this list: Before Women Had Wings, Happy Tears and many more."This list answers the questions, "What are the best Ellen Barkin movies?" and "What are the greatest Ellen Barkin roles of all time?"
Notable directors that have worked with Ellen Barkin include names like Joel Schumacher, Steven Soderbergh and Tony Scott. Movie fans who love Ellen Barkin have also been known to enjoy films starring Anne Francis and Lee Grant.
- Eddie and the Cruisers, a major rock 'n' roll band in the early '60s, fell off the radar when singer Eddie (Michael Paré) vanished after a dispute over their experimental second album. Nearly 20 ...more
- Switch is a 1991 comedy film written and directed by Blake Edwards, based on George Axelrod's play Goodbye Charlie. The movie stars Ellen Barkin, Jimmy Smits, JoBeth Williams and Lorraine Bracco.
- A crook, given a new identity by reconstructive surgery, plots revenge against the gangsters who double-crossed him.
- Billy (Timothy Daly) returns home to Baltimore to serve as the best man at his upcoming wedding of his childhood buddy Eddie (Steve Guttenberg). In the meantime, he and Eddie get together with their ...more
- Danny Ocean (George Clooney) and his gang hatch an ambitious plot for revenge after ruthless casino owner Willy Bank (Al Pacino) double-crosses Reuben Tishkoff, Danny's friend and mentor. First, ...more
- Down-on-his-luck country singer Mac Sledge (Robert Duvall) has nowhere to turn when he wakes up in a motel, short on cash. So he takes a job from Rosa Lee (Tess Harper), the kindly widow who runs the ...more
- Buckaroo Banzai is caught with his trusted allies, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, in a battle to the death between evil red aliens and good black aliens from Planet 10. Led by demonic dictator John ...more
- Clinton and Nadine is an American TV movie broadcast on HBO on May 28, 1988.
- An annual beauty pageant in small-town Minnesota turns ridiculously competitive and ultimately chaotic in this biting comedy. Amber Atkins (Kirsten Dunst), the daughter of hard-drinking mom Annette ...more
- An unemployed pot-smoking slacker and amateur drummer, Anthony Stoner (Tommy Chong) ditches his strict parents and hits the road, eventually meeting kindred spirit Pedro de Pacas (Cheech Marin). ...more
- Down by Law is a 1986 black-and-white independent film written and directed by Jim Jarmusch. It stars Tom Waits, John Lurie, and Roberto Benigni. The film centers on the arrest, incarceration, and ...more
- In the 1950s, Toby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his mom, Caroline (Ellen Barkin), move to the state of Washington. There they meet mild-mannered Dwight (Robert De Niro), who falls in love with Caroline. ...more
- Happy Tears is 2010 drama film written and directed by Mitchell Lichtenstein.
- Harry & Son is a 1984 American drama film directed by Paul Newman, who also stars. The screenplay by Newman and Ronald Buck focuses on the relationship between a blue-collar worker and his son, who ...more
- Gunfighter Wild Bill Hickok (Jeff Bridges) travels the frontier, gaining fame and enemies in roughly equal measure. He sometimes meets up with his friend and occasional lover, Calamity Jane (Ellen ...more
- Siesta is a 1987 film directed by Mary Lambert, and starring Ellen Barkin, Gabriel Byrne and Jodie Foster. It also stars Martin Sheen, Isabella Rossellini, Grace Jones, Julian Sands and Alexei Sayle.
- Into the West is a 1992 Irish magical realist film about Irish Travellers written by Jim Sheridan and directed by Mike Newell. Into the West was one of several major films to come from Ireland during ...more
- Jane Goodale (Ashley Judd) has everything going for her. She's a producer on a popular daytime talk show, and is in a hot romance with the show's dashing executive producer Ray (Greg Kinnear). But ...more
- She Hate Me is a 2004 independent comedy-drama film directed by Spike Lee and starring Anthony Mackie, Kerry Washington, Ellen Barkin, Monica Bellucci, Brian Dennehy, Woody Harrelson, Bai Ling and ...more
- A woman (Ellen Barkin) attends her son's wedding at the estate of her ex-husband (Thomas Haden Church).
- Daniel is a 1983 film which was adapted by E. L. Doctorow from his novel The Book of Daniel. It was directed by Sidney Lumet. The film was based on the life story of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who ...more
- A massive drug operation changes the lives of three conflicted New York cops. Burned-out vet Eddie Dugan (Richard Gere) is close to retirement; narcotics cop Sal Procida (Ethan Hawke) faces the ...more
- "Renowned actress Colleen West abandons her successful career for a secluded life in the hills. But the quiet and peace of mind she longed for is disrupted by the noisy construction of neighboring ...more
- Harry Bliss (Jack Nicholson) operates a struggling security service and contends with numerous personal problems, including a faltering marriage. When vocalist Joan Spruance (Ellen Barkin) is ...more
- Made in Heaven is a 1987 feature film directed by Alan Rudolph, script from Bruce A. Evans and Raynold Gideon, and produced by Lorimar Productions. The film stars Timothy Hutton and Kelly McGillis ...more