The Marvel Cinematic Universe - or is it the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse now? - is a wild, wonderful place, where accidental exposure to lethal doses of radiation is just as likely to give you superpowers as it is cancer, and there's always a chance that one of your parents was secretly a cosmic demigod. It's also an extremely dangerous and frightening place plagued by every type of “villain” imaginable, from greedy industrialists and superpowered gangsters, to maniacal robots, genocidal aliens, and power-mad goddesses.
With so many terrifying villains, including one who had the power to literally erase trillions upon trillions of lives with a snap of his fingers, it's surprising the MCU is still intact. Sure, half of all sentients likely suffer from post-Blip PTSD, and the Indian Ocean now has a monolithic corpse of a dead Celestial sticking out of it, but things are still relatively normal for the average person living in the MCU. Superheroes are often credited for wrecking the villains' nefarious plans, but more often than not the villains are foiled by their own lack of foresight, their overconfidence, or their incompetence. Here's our list of the one mistake that every MCU villain made that prevented them from achieving their goals.
- Photo: Thor: Ragnarok / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- Photo: Avengers: Endgame / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- Photo: Iron Man / Paramount Pictures
- Photo: The Avengers / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- Photo: Black Panther / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
- Photo: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings / Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures