To say Dilbert captures the essence of office life is an understatement. Dilbert doesn't depict office life, it is office life. Creator Scott Adams has managed to capture all the awkward, absurd, and hilarious circumstances of banal office routine for 27 years; if you've ever work in an office, you've lived through most of what you read in Dilbert.But just who is Scott Adams, really? Messiah? Dude with a pen? This list of trivia and facts about the man behind Dilbert is sure to fill in blanks, giving you a fully realized understanding of the man, the myth, the legend.
He Was Held Up at Gunpoint Twice
Scott Adams's first job was in a bank, where he worked as teller. During his four months in this undervalued, low-paying role, he was held at gunpoint. Twice. Speaking like a true finance professional, he later stated the risk/reward ratio of the job wasn't worth the aggravation.
He Is A Trained Hypnotist
When he was in his 20s, Adams enrolled in the Pierre Clement School of Hypnosis. He explains the reasoning behind this decision on his blog: "When I was a kid, my family doctor was a hypnotist. He hypnotized my mom before she gave birth to my little sister. Mom reports that she felt no discomfort during the birth, despite being awake and having no drugs. That story had a big impact on me."
He Predicted Donald Trump Will Win the 2016 Election
"1. Server scandal leads to Clinton's indictment. Or worse, it gets blocked for political reasons.
2. Rehashing the Clinton scandals of the past makes everyone hate her and not want to go back to that.
3. Trump's attacks on Clinton's judgment, along with Sanders, becomes the wound that kills over time.
4. Clinton's health fails in some public way, or appears that way because of confirmation bias.
5. Trump rehabilitates his image by being more presidential.
6. Clinton's gender card gets overplayed and blows up in her face and women defect.
7. Trump unveils a linguistic kill shot (stamina?) that takes a toll the same way 'low energy' took out Jeb.8. Bill Clinton continues to subconsciously sabotage Hillary because he doesn't want her to win."
He Is the CEO Of Adams Foods, Inc
Adams Foods Inc produced the Dilberito, a microwavable vegan burrito. Adams also dabbles in the restaurant business; he co-owns Stacey's Cafe in California. Unfortunately, as of 2016, the Dilberito is out of production, and the company's website is a blog about "the high costs of our legal system."