22 Fun Facts You May Not Know About the Creator of Dilbert
To say Dilbert captures the essence of office life is an understatement. Dilbert doesn't depict office life, it is office life. Creator Scott Adams has managed to capture all the awkward, absurd, and hilarious circumstances of banal office routine for 27 years; if you've ever work in an office, you've lived through most of what you read in Dilbert.But just who is Scott Adams, really? Messiah? Dude with a pen? This list of trivia and facts about the man behind Dilbert is sure to fill in blanks, giving you a fully realized understanding of the man, the myth, the legend.
- 120 VOTES
He Is the CEO Of Adams Foods, IncPhoto: Wikipedia
- 219 VOTES
He Is A Trained HypnotistPhoto: SFGateWhen he was in his 20s, Adams enrolled in the Pierre Clement School of Hypnosis. He explains the reasoning behind this decision on his blog: "When I was a kid, my family doctor was a hypnotist. He hypnotized my mom before she gave birth to my little sister. Mom reports that she felt no discomfort during the birth, despite being awake and having no drugs. That story had a big impact on me."
- 323 VOTES
He Was Held Up at Gunpoint TwicePhoto: Lorianne DiSabato / flickr / CC-BY-NC-ND 2.0Scott Adams's first job was in a bank, where he worked as teller. During his four months in this undervalued, low-paying role, he was held at gunpoint. Twice. Speaking like a true finance professional, he later stated the risk/reward ratio of the job wasn't worth the aggravation.
- 420 VOTES
He Appeared in an Episode of Babylon 5, Referencing Dogbert and CatbertPhoto: WBAdams acted on the series Babylon 5, appearing in the episode "Moments of Transition." His character asks Michael Garibaldi, head of security on Babylon 5, to find his dog and cat, a reference to Dogbert and Catbert. Adams is a huge fan of Babylon 5.
- 530 VOTES
He Predicted Donald Trump Will Win the 2016 ElectionPhoto: CNN
Though he officially endorsed Hillary Clinton in June 2016, Adams predicted Donald Trump will win the election by a landslide. In a recent Reddit ama, Adams listed potential reasons Trump will win:
"1. Server scandal leads to Clinton's indictment. Or worse, it gets blocked for political reasons.
2. Rehashing the Clinton scandals of the past makes everyone hate her and not want to go back to that.
3. Trump's attacks on Clinton's judgment, along with Sanders, becomes the wound that kills over time.
4. Clinton's health fails in some public way, or appears that way because of confirmation bias.
5. Trump rehabilitates his image by being more presidential.
6. Clinton's gender card gets overplayed and blows up in her face and women defect.
7. Trump unveils a linguistic kill shot (stamina?) that takes a toll the same way 'low energy' took out Jeb.8. Bill Clinton continues to subconsciously sabotage Hillary because he doesn't want her to win."
- 617 VOTES
He Ran for PresidentAdams announced his candidacy for President of the United States in November of 2011, via his Dilbert blog. He ran as an independent, and did not win.