A road trip co-pilot is essential. You'll need someone to argue about the best navigation apps with, so it might as well be a famous actress. Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Poehler, or Charlize Theron? Pack the snacks, queue up your ultimate playlist, and grab a neck pillow, it's time to take in the spectacular sights (and the monotony of the looong open road) with some of the best actresses. They're jokesters, dancers, singers, and party girls, so the long days of driving will fly right by (hopefully).
So vote up your ideal travel partner from the famous actresses below, or add your dream co-pilot. And before you embark on your big celebrity road trip, don't forget to prepare by watching at least a few of the classic road trip movies on this list.
South African-born Theron knows about life on the road as a motorcycle enthusiast. And with dance moves like these, imagine the fun you'd have stopped in small-town hangouts for the night.
- Well, you know, this apple.
- She's dating Sean Penn, so definitely request a girls-only trip.
- At 5' 10" she'll take up lots of precious leg room.
Also Rankedsee more on Charlize Theron
Kristen Bell has found plenty of success as an actress and is known for her funny, smart, and clever personality – all great attributes in a road trip companion.
She also loves to laugh and aspires to a stand-up comedy career someday, but what she really loves are animals, especially sloths. Perhaps your trip could take you on a tour of the country's best zoos and wildlife preserves?
The "Veronica Mars" star is an avid cheese lover as well – so much so that she gave up being vegan because she missed it.
- She's a fan of "This American Life" and "Game of Thrones," so if your playlist is getting stale, switching over to NPR or a (looooooong) book on tape won't be a problem.
- Bell will have plenty of jokes to try out on you.
- Be sure to check the car for sloths and other creatures before you leave. Animals on a road trip will only cause problems.
- Cheese can cause some gassy passengers, so bring an air freshener.
Also Rankedsee more on Kristen Bell
If there's one star who would be great for a road trip full of girl talk, it's Winslet. She's a champion of positive body image for women and, I mean, what was it like to kiss Leonardo DiCaprio? She has a penchant for pranks though, so be on the lookout.
- The scoop on Leo.
- This is the prime time to travel with Kate as people are apparently nicer to her now.
- Kate is a distant relative of Richard Branson, so if your car breaks down, maybe she can hook you up with a jet.
- Pranks can turn ugly.
Also Rankedsee more on Kate Winslet
This UCB and SNL alum would get you through thousands of miles of open road with her quick wit and creativity. One of her favorite sayings is "no one looks stupid when they're having fun," so all kinds of good times are in store.
And, if the last two Golden Globes telecasts have taught us anything, she's one of few celebrities who can make an awards show entertaining. If she's capable of that miracle, road trip fun-times will be a piece of cake.
- Poehler has tons of famous friends to stay with on your journey, like Tina Fey and even First Lady Michelle Obama. A White House sleepover? Best road trip ever.
- Her mad improv skills would make for some epic road trip games.
- It's possible she's too high-energy, which might get grating.
Also Rankedsee more on Amy Poehler