The following is a list of known serial killers who were born in or have operated in the US. Serial killers in the USA outnumber those in other countries on a per capita basis, but this data may be due to better law enforcement records. This list of notable US serial killers is alphabetical by last name.
- Charles Frederick Albright (born August 10, 1933) is an American killer from Dallas, Texas, who was convicted of killing one woman and suspected of killing two others in 1991. He is incarcerated in the John Montford Psychiatric Unit in Lubbock, Texas. ...more
- Age: 86
- Birthplace: Amarillo, Texas, USA
- Joseph D. Ball (January 7, 1896 – September 24, 1938) was an American serial killer, sometimes referred to as "The Alligator Man", the "Butcher of Elmendorf" and the "Bluebeard of South Texas". He is known to have killed two and is said to have killed as many as 20 women in the 1930s. His existence was long believed to be apocryphal, but he is a familiar figure in Texas folklore. His great-great grandfather was John Hart Crenshaw, the notorious illegal slave trader, kidnapper, and illegal slave breeder in Gallatin County, Illinois. ...more
- Age: Dec. at 42 (1896-1938)
- Birthplace: Elmendorf, Texas, USA
- Herbert Richard Baumeister (April 7, 1947 – July 3, 1996) was an American suspected serial killer. A resident of Westfield, Indiana, Baumeister was under investigation for murdering over a dozen men in the early 1990s, most of whom were last seen at gay bars. Police found human remains on Baumeister's property and issued an arrest warrant, after which he fled to Canada and subsequently committed suicide before he could be brought to trial. He never confessed to the crimes and his suicide note made no mention of the murder allegations. He was later linked to a series of murders of at least nine men along Interstate 70, which occurred in the early to mid-1980s. ...more
- Age: Dec. at 49 (1947-1996)
- Birthplace: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Photo: John Towner James (author), Kan-Okla Publishing Company (Wichita, KS), publisher. / Wikimedia Commons / Public Domain
The Bloody Benders were a family of serial killers who lived and operated in Labette County, KS, from 1871 to 1873. The family consisted of John Bender; his wife, Elvira Bender; son, John, Jr.; and daughter, Kate.
While Bender mythology holds...more on Wikipedia