List of famous Art Nouveau artists, with images, bios, and information about their notable works. All the greatest artists associated with the Art Nouveau movement are included here, along with clickable names for more details on that particular painter or sculptor. You might also enjoy famous modern art icons and famous neoclassicism artists. These notable Art Nouveau period artists are organized by popularity, so the best artists are at the top of the list. If you think the best Art Nouveau artist isn't as high as they should be then be sure to give them an upvote.
Items on this list include Alphonse Mucha and Gustav Klimt.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the most famous Art Nouveau artists?" and "Who are the best Art Nouveau artists?"Almost every well-known or influential figure in this movement is listed below. Use this list to build your own just like it that fits your opinions of where everything should be ranked.
12245Are they one of the best?
- Artworks: The Kiss, Danaë, Beethoven Frieze, Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I, Adele Bloch-Bauer II
- Birthplace: Baumgarten, Vienna, Austria
- Associated periods or movements: Art Nouveau, Symbolist literature, Vienna Secession
- Nationality: Austrian Empire
- Art Forms: Painting
- Lascăr Vorel (August 19, 1879 – February 8, 1918) was a Romanian Post-Impressionist painter whose style was linked to Expressionism. He was the scion of a pharmacist clan in Piatra Neamț, but abandoned the family trade to take up drawing, and became a student at Munich's Academy of Fine Arts. Praised as an intellectual as well as a painter, he moved away from Art Nouveau, studying Cubism and Expressionism, and exchanging ideas with a young Marcel Duchamp. Vorel also worked as a cartoonist for Der Komet magazine, befriending Albert Bloch, Hanns Bolz and Erich Mühsam, and frequenting Café Stefanie. While active in immediate proximity to the early trends in German Expressionism, including Der... more
5412Are they one of the best?
- Birthplace: Nord-Est, Iași, Romania
- Associated periods or movements: Art Nouveau, Post-Impressionism, Expressionism
- Nationality: Romania
- Art Forms: Painting
- Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa (24 November 1864 – 9 September 1901), also known as Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (French: [ɑ̃ʁi də tuluz lotʁɛk]), was a French painter, printmaker, draughtsman, caricaturist, and illustrator whose immersion in the colourful and theatrical life of Paris in the late 19th century allowed him to produce a collection of enticing, elegant, and provocative images of the modern, sometimes decadent, affairs of those times. Toulouse-Lautrec is among the best-known painters of the Post-Impressionist period, with Paul Cézanne, Vincent van Gogh, and Paul Gauguin. In a 2005 auction at Christie's auction house, La Blanchisseuse, his early painting of a young... more
8037Are they one of the best?
- Artworks: At the Moulin Rouge, The Hangover, Maxime Dethomas at the Bal de l'Opera, La Goulue Entering the Moulin Rouge, In The Restaurant La Mie
- Birthplace: Albi, France
- Associated periods or movements: Art Nouveau, Post-Impressionism
- Nationality: France
- Art Forms: Painting, Printmaking, Drawing
- Aubrey Vincent Beardsley (21 August 1872 – 16 March 1898) was an English illustrator and author. His drawings in black ink, influenced by the style of Japanese woodcuts, emphasized the grotesque, the decadent, and the erotic. He was a leading figure in the aesthetic movement which also included Oscar Wilde and James A. McNeill Whistler. Beardsley's contribution to the development of the Art Nouveau and poster styles was significant, despite the brevity of his career before his early death from tuberculosis.... more
5623Are they one of the best?
- Artworks: The Peacock Skirt
- Birthplace: Brighton, United Kingdom
- Associated periods or movements: Aestheticism, Art Nouveau