List of the most popular artists from Croatia, listed alphabetically with photos when available. For centuries artists have been among the world's most important people, helping chronicle history and keep us entertained with one of the earliest forms of entertainment. Whether they're known for painting, sculpting, etching or drawing, the famous Croatian artists on this list have kept that tradition alive by creating renowned pieces of art that have been praised around the world. You can find useful information below about these notable Croatian artists, such as when they were born and where their place of birth was.
Artists include everyone from Ana Tzarev to Tošo Dabac.
This list answers the questions, "Which famous artists are from Croatia?" and "Who are the most well-known Croatian artists?"For further information on these historic Croatian artists, click on their names. If you're a fine art lover use this list of celebrated Croatian artists to discover some new paintings that you will enjoy.
- Fausto Veranzio (Latin: Faustus Verantius; Croatian: Faust Vrančić; Hungarian and Vernacular... more on Wikipedia
- Jagoda Kaloper (June 19, 1947 – October 1, 2016) was a Croatian painter and actress known for... more on Wikipedia
- Aleksandar Srnec (30 July 1924 – 27 March 2010) was a Croatian artist. He is mainly known for... more on Wikipedia
- Frano Kršinić (24 July 1897 – 1 January 1982) was a renowned Yugoslavian and Croatian... more on Wikipedia
- Miroslav Šutej (29 April 1936 – 13 May 2005) was a Croatian avant-garde painter and graphic... more on Wikipedia
- Oton Gliha (1914–1999) was a Croatian artist, born in Slovenia. A graduate of the Academy of... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Ključ, Una-Sana Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Art Forms: PaintingIvan Rabuzin (27 March 1921 – 18 December 2008) was a Croatian naïve artist. French art critic... more on Wikipedia
Dušan DžamonjaStone Flower, #24
Birthplace: Strumica, Republic of Macedonia
Art Forms: SculptureDušan Džamonja (Serbian: Душан Џамоња, pronounced [duʃan dʒamɔɲa]; 31 January 1928 – 14... more on Wikipedia
Birthplace: Zagreb, Yugoslavia
Nationality: United States of America, Croatia
Art Forms: PaintingMaksimilijan "Maxo" Vanka (May 11, 1889 – February 2, 1963) was a Croatian-American artist.
- Slava Raškaj (pronounced Slava Rashkay) (2 January 1877 – 29 March 1906) was a Croatian... more on Wikipedia
- Antun Augustinčić (4 May 1900 – 10 May 1979) was a prominent Croatian sculptor active in... more on Wikipedia
Vlaho BukovacUne fleur
Birthplace: Cavtat, Croatia
Art Forms: PaintingVlaho Bukovac (French: Blaise Bukovac; Italian: Biagio Faggioni; 4 July 1855 – 23 April 1922)... more on Wikipedia
- Alfred Freddy Krupa is a Croatian contemporary painter, master draughtsman, book artist, art... more on Wikipedia
- Ivan Ladislav Galeta (9 May 1947 – 7 January 2014) was a Croatian multimedia artist,... more on Wikipedia
Ivan Ladislav Galeta
- Zvonimir Lončarić (13 March 1927 – 11 November 2004) was a Croatian sculptor and painter. In... more on Wikipedia
Ana TzarevNight of Nights, Champion: Kankuro Nakamura
Art Forms: PaintingAna Tzarev is a painter.
- Robert Frangeš-Mihanović (2 October 1872 – 12 January 1940). He is considered a pioneer of... more on Wikipedia
- Mladen Veža (7 February 1916 – 19 February 2010) was a Croatian painter. He was born in Brist.... more on Wikipedia
- Mirko Virius (October 28, 1889 – 1943) was a Croatian naïve painter. He was one of the three... more on Wikipedia
- Ingeborg Fülepp, born in (Zagreb, Croatia) is a Croatian artist, university teacher, curator... more on Wikipedia
- Adolf Ignjo Waldinger (16 June 1843 – 7 December 1904) was a painter from Osijek, Croatia. He... more on Wikipedia
- Josip Crnobori (born in Banjole near Pula on 22 October 1907 - died 12 August 2005) was a... more on Wikipedia
- Petar Grgec (January 27, 1933 - August 2, 2006) was a Croatian Naïve Artist, born in Kloštar... more on Wikipedia
- Loren Ligorio (Croatian pronunciation: [lǒren lǐɡoːrio]; born 9 June 1955) is a Croatian... more on Wikipedia
- Tošo Dabac (pronounced [toʃo dabats]; 18 May 1907 – 9 May 1970) was a Croatian photographer of... more on Wikipedia