Famous Artists from Hungary
List of the most popular artists from Hungary, listed alphabetically with photos when available. For centuries artists have been among the world's most important people, helping chronicle history and keep us entertained with one of the earliest forms of entertainment. Whether they're known for painting, sculpting, etching or drawing, the famous Hungarian artists on this list have kept that tradition alive by creating renowned pieces of art that have been praised around the world. You can find useful information below about these notable Hungarian artists, such as when they were born and where their place of birth was.
You can rank all of these artists, from László Paál to Jan Kupecký.
This list answers the questions, "Which famous artists are from Hungary?" and "Who are the most well-known Hungarian artists?"For further information on these historic Hungarian artists, click on their names. If you're a fine art lover use this list of celebrated Hungarian artists to discover some new paintings that you will enjoy.
Victor Vasarely (French: [viktɔʁ vazaʁəli]; born Győző Vásárhelyi, Hungarian: [ˈvaːʃaːrhɛji ˈɟøːzøː]; ( 1906-04-09)9 April 1906 – ( 1997-03-15)15 March 1997), was a Hungarian-French artist, who is ...more
- Birthplace: Pécs, Hungary
- Associated periods or movements: Hard-edge painting, Op art
- Nationality: France, Hungary
- Art Forms: Painting
János Mattis-TeutschJános Mattis-Teutsch or Máttis-Teutsch, Mátis-Teutsch (IPA: [ˈjaːnoʃ ˈmɒtːiʃ ˈtʰɔʏ̯t͡ʃ]; the most common Hungarian-language versions of his name, all of which have also been spelled without the ...more
Stefan JägerStefan Jäger (May 28, 1877 in Tschene/Torontál – March 16, 1962 in Jimbolia/Hatzfeld, Romanian Banat) was a painter known for his depiction of and deep identification with the Danube Swabian ...more
- Master M. S. (Hungarian: M. S. Mester, German: Meister M. S., Slovak: Majster M. S.) was a 16th-century painter in Central Europe in late Gothic and early Renaissance art. He was active in Banská ...more
- Simon Hantaï (7 December 1922, Biatorbágy, Hungary – Paris, 12 September 2008; took French nationality in 1966) is a painter generally associated with abstract art.
- Constantin Daniel Rosenthal (b. Pest, Austrian Empire: Rosenthal Konstantin, 1820 – July 23, 1851) was a Romanian painter and sculptor of Austrian-Jewish birth and a 1848 revolutionary, best known ...more