List of notable or famous astrologers from the United Kingdom, with bios and photos, including the top astrologers born in the United Kingdom and even some popular astrologers who immigrated to the United Kingdom. If you're trying to find out the names of famous British astrologers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These astrologers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known astrologer from the United Kingdom is included when available.
List features people like Aleister Crowley, John Partridge.
This historic astrologers from the United Kingdom list can help answer the questions "Who are some British astrologers of note?" and "Who are the most famous astrologers from the United Kingdom?" These prominent astrologers of the United Kingdom may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected British astrologers.Use this list of renowned British astrologers to discover some new astrologers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYAleister Crowley (; born Edward Alexander Crowley; 12 October 1875 – 1 December 1947) was an English occultist, ceremonial magician, poet, painter, novelist, and mountaineer. He founded the religion of Thelema, identifying himself as the prophet entrusted with guiding humanity into the Æon of Horus in the early 20th century. A prolific writer, he published widely over the course of his life. Born to a wealthy family in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, Crowley rejected his parent's fundamentalist Christian Plymouth Brethren faith to pursue an interest in Western esotericism. He was educated at Trinity College at the University of Cambridge, where he focused his attentions on ...more
- Age: Dec. at 72 (1875-1947)
- Birthplace: Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
- Charles Ernest Owen Carter (1887-1968) was an English astrologer and astrological writer. Generally regarded as one of the masters of astrology during his lifetime, Carter's work, especially his insistence on first principles, remains a powerful influence on astrology and astrologers to this day. He is chiefly known as the co-founder and first principal of the London Faculty of Astrological Studies (indeed it was his idea). He was born on 31 January 1887, at 11:01 p.m. GMT, in Parkstone, Poole, England. Carter began his career by graduating from the University of London in 1913 and practicing as a barrister. He served in the army during the First World War and it was at this time he became ...more
- Age: Dec. at 81 (1887-1968)
- Birthplace: Parkstone, United Kingdom
- Sir Christopher Heydon (14 August 1561 – 1 January 1623) was an English soldier, Member of Parliament, and writer on astrology.
- Age: Dec. at 61 (1561-1623)
- Birthplace: Surrey, England
- Deborah Houlding (born 14 May 1962 in Mansfield) is an English author researcher, educator, and publisher who specializes in astrology. She has been referred to as "one of the UK's top astrologers". She wrote The Houses: Temples of the Sky. (Ascella, 1996) and created the Skyscript website. Houlding has been awarded by the Astrological Associations of Great Britain, Romania, and others.Houlding's views about such subjects as the twin Gemini stars have been commented on in journals such as the Mountain Astrologer. She has written about the development of the zodiac as well as the cycles of Venus. She was editor of The Traditional Astrologer magazine and is principal of the STA School of ...more
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Mansfield, United Kingdom