List of famous athletes from Morocco, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Morocco has seen some very talented athletes over the years, many of who have gone on to represent their country in the Olympics. These are some of the best Moroccan athletes of all time, so if you're a native of Morocco and are aspiring to compete in sports professionally then these are people you should look up to. If you're searching for a particular popular athlete from Morocco then you can use the "search" box to find who you're looking for.
This list includes Abdelaziz Souleimani, Houcine Anafal and more athletes.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the greatest Moroccan athletes?" and "Which athletes are from Morocco?"You can click on the names of these legendary athletes of Morocco in order to get more information about each one.
- Nawal El Moutawakel (Amazigh: Nawal Lmutawakkil; Arabic: نوال المتوكل; born on April 15, 1962 in Casablanca) is a former Moroccan hurdler, who won the inaugural women's 400 metres hurdles event at ...more
- Hasna Benhassi (Arabic: حسنة بنحسي; born 1 June 1978) is a retired Moroccan middle-distance runner. She competed at the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympics and won two medals in the 800 m event, in 2004 ...more
- Bouchra Ghézielle, née Ben Thami (Arabic: بُشرا غزال; born 19 May 1979), is a Moroccan-French track and field athlete, now competing for France. She competes mainly on the 1500 m distance but also ...more
- Hicham El Guerrouj (Arabic: هشام الݣروج, Hishāmu l-Karrūj; Berber: Hicam El Gerruj, ⵀⵉⵛⴰⵎ ⴻⵍ ⴳⴻⵔⵔⵓⵊ; born 14 September 1974) is a retired Moroccan middle-distance runner. El Guerrouj is the current ...more
- Nezha Bidouane (Arabic: نزهة بدوان; born 18 September 1969 in Rabat) is a retired Moroccan track and field hurdler who specialised in the 400 metres hurdles. A two-time World champion, she won the ...more
- Adel Taarabt (Arabic: عادل تاعرابت / Tamaziǧt: Adil Tǎrabt– born 24 May 1989) is a Moroccan professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or a winger for Portuguese club Benfica and ...more
- Jaouad Zairi (Arabic: جواد الزايري; born 17 April 1982) is a Moroccan footballer who last played for Football League club Zakynthos.
- Tarik Elyounoussi (Arabic: طارق اليونسي ṭāriq al-yūnusī, IPA: [tˤaːˈrɪq ælˈjuːnusiː]; born 23 February 1988) is a Moroccan-born Norwegian footballer who plays for Swedish club AIK. His preferred ...more
- Faouzi Mubarak Aaish (Arabic: فوزي مبارك عايش; born 27 February 1985) is a Bahraini professional football player of Moroccan origin. He is currently a free agent and the Bahrain national football ...more
- Hassan El Fakiri (Arabic: حسن الفكيري, born 18 April 1977) is a Norwegian former professional footballer, and the current head coach of 3. Divisjon club Os TF.
- Mimoun Azaouagh (born 17 November 1982 in Beni Sidel, Morocco) is a Moroccan-born German footballer, who is currently a free agent.
- Nadir Lamyaghri (born 13 February 1976) is a Moroccan footballer who played as a goalkeeper for Wydad Casablanca.
- Asmae Leghzaoui (Arabic: أسماء الغزاوي; born August 30, 1976 in Fes) is a Moroccan middle-distance runner. She is a two-time Olympian for Morocco.
- Nadia Lalami Laaroussi (born 28 April 1990 in Casablanca) is a Moroccan former tennis player. In her career, she won two singles titles and two doubles titles on the ITF Women's Circuit. On 19 ...more
- Just Louis Fontaine (pronounced [ʒyst fɔ̃.tɛn]; born 18 August 1933) is a retired French professional footballer. A prolific forward, he is best known for scoring the most goals in a single edition ...more
- Monsef Zerka (Arabic: منصف زرقا, born 30 August 1981 in Orléans) is a French-born Moroccan former professional footballer. He originally played as a striker, but throughout his career he has also ...more
- Noureddine Naybet (Arabic: نور الدين نيبت; born 10 February 1970) is a Moroccan retired footballer who played as a central defender. He spent most of his 17-year professional career with Deportivo, ...more
- Saïd Aouita (Arabic: سعيد عويطة; born November 2, 1959) is a former Moroccan track and field athlete. He won the 5000 meters at the 1984 Summer Olympics and the 1987 World Championships in ...more
- Jean-Paul Bertrand-Demanes (born 13 May 1952) is a former football goalkeeper, who earned eleven international caps for the French national team during the 1970s and was part of the French team in ...more
- Khalid Chalqi (born 28 April 1971) is a French professional football midfielder. Chalqi was born in Oujda, Morocco and played for Aubervillers, Olympique Noisy-le-Sec, Vincennes and Le Havre before ...more
- Larbi Benbarek or Larbi Ben Mbarek (Arabic: العربي بن مبارك – also known as the Black Pearl; born 16 June 1914 – died 16 September 1992) was a Moroccan football player recognized as the first ...more
- Jamal Fakir (born 30 August 1982) is a Moroccan rugby league footballer who plays as a prop or second-row for the Lezignan Sangliers club in the Elite One Championship.
- Mustapha Oussalah (born 19 February 1982) is a Belgian-Moroccan football midfielder who currently plays for Sprimont Comblain.
- Abdelhali "Appie" Chaiat (born 15 November 1983 in Saka, Taza Province) is a Dutch-Moroccan footballer who last played professionally for Dutch second division side AGOVV Apeldoorn as a striker.
- Otmane El Assas (born 30 January 1979) is a Moroccan footballer who is a midfielder for Qatar Stars League outfit Umm Salal on loan from Al Gharrafa. He was part of the Moroccan 2004 Olympic football ...more