List of famous athletes from Thailand, listed alphabetically with photos when available. Thailand has seen some very talented athletes over the years, many of who have gone on to represent their country in the Olympics. These are some of the best Thai athletes of all time, so if you're a native of Thailand and are aspiring to compete in sports professionally then these are people you should look up to. If you're searching for a particular popular athlete from Thailand then you can use the "search" box to find who you're looking for.
List ranges from Tatree Seeha to Chukiat Noosarung, plus much more.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the greatest Thai athletes?" and "Which athletes are from Thailand?"You can click on the names of these legendary athletes of Thailand in order to get more information about each one.
- Police Lieutenant Tamarine Tanasugarn (Thai: แทมมารีน ธนสุกาญจน์, RTGS: Thæmmārīn Thans̄ukāỵcn̒, [tʰɛːmmāːrīːn tʰánásùkāːn]; born 24 May 1977) is a retired Thai tennis player. Born in Los Angeles, ...more
- Khaosai Galaxy (Thai: เขาทราย แกแล็คซี่, born, May 15, 1959) is a former Thai professional super flyweight (also known as junior bantamweight) boxer and Muaythai kickboxer. Khaosai defended his WBA ...more
- Pawina Thongsuk (born April 18, 1979 in Si Khoraphum, Surin province) is a Thai weightlifter. At the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens she won an Olympic gold medal, with 122.5 kg snatching and 272.5 kg ...more
- Wandee Kameaim (Thai: วันดี คำเอี่ยม, born January 18, 1978) is a Thai weightlifter. At the 2002 World Championships she won the silver medal in the 58 kg category, with 212.5 kg in total.She ...more
- Aree Wiratthaworn (Thai: อารีย์ วิรัฐถาวร; born February 26, 1980) is a Thai weightlifter. She competed in the women's 48 kg at the 2004 Summer Olympics and won the bronze medal with 200.0 kg in ...more
- Samart Payakaroon (Thai: สามารถ พยัคฆ์อรุณ; RTGS: Samat Phayak-arun), real name Samart Tiptarmai (Thai: สามารถ ทิพย์ท่าไม้; RTGS: Samat Thiptha-mai, born 5 December 1962, in the Klong Khet vilage in ...more
- Trecia Roberts (Thai: ทรีเซีย โรเบิร์ตส; born 4 February 1971 in Bangkok, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon) is a Thai 100 metres hurdles. She was born to a Thai mother and an African-American father.She ...more
- Jetsada Jitsawad (Thai: เจษฎา จิตสวัสดิ์, born August 5, 1980) is a Thai retired professional footballer who plays as a Centre back.
- Nicha "Eve" Lertpitaksinchai is a professional Thai tennis player. Lertpitaksinchai has a career high WTA singles ranking of 306 achieved on 17 February 2014. She also has a career high WTA doubles ...more
- Pichitphong Choeichiu (Thai: พิชิตพงษ์ เฉยฉิว, born August 28, 1982) is a Thai professional footballer who plays as a Midfielder for Thai League 2 club Chiangmai.
- Suchao Nuchnum (Thai: สุเชาว์ นุชนุ่ม, born May 17, 1983) is a Thai professional footballer who plays as a Midfielder for Thai League 1 club Buriram United and was a member of Thailand national ...more
- Kawin Thamsatchanan (Thai: กวินทร์ ธรรมสัจจานันท์, pronounced [kā.wīn tʰām.sàt.t͡ɕāː.nān]; born 26 January 1990), simply known as Tong (Thai: ตอง, pronounced [tɔ̄ːŋ]) is a Thai professional ...more
- Teeratep Winothai (Thai: ธีรเทพ วิโนทัย, born February 16, 1985), simply known as Leesaw (Thai: ลีซอ) is a Thai footballer playing as a Forward for a Thai League T1 club Chonburi, on loan from ...more
- Sinthaweechai Hathairattanakool (Thai: สินทวีชัย หทัยรัตนกุล; RTGS: Sinthawichai Hathairattanakun, born March 23, 1982 as Kosin Hathairattanakool (Thai: โกสินทร์ หทัยรัตนกุล)), simply known as Tee ...more
- Pone Kingpetch (Thai: โผน กิ่งเพชร, RTGS: Phon Kingphet, pronounced [pʰǒːn kìŋ.pʰét]), born Mana Seedokbuab (Thai: มานะ สีดอกบวบ, RTGS: Mana Sidokbuap, pronounced [māː.náʔ sǐː.dɔ̀ːk.bùa̯p]; February ...more
- Niweat Siriwong (Thai: นิเวศ ศิริวงศ์, born July 18, 1977) is a Thai retired footballer. Niweat is a vastly experienced player and has played overseas in Singapore and Vietnam during his career. He ...more
- Jirawat Makarom (Thai: จิรวัฒน์ มัครมย์; born February 7, 1986) is a Thai professional footballer who plays as a Midfielder for Thai League 3 club Khon Kaen United.
- Chatree Chimtalay (Thai: ชาตรี ฉิมทะเล, born December 14, 1983) is a Thai professional footballer who plays as a Striker for Thai League 2 club BG Pathum United.
- Suree Sukha (Thai: สุรีย์ สุขะ, born July 27, 1982), is a Thai professional footballer who plays as a Defender.
- Sutee Suksomkit (Thai: สุธี สุขสมกิจ, born June 5, 1978) is a Thai retired professional footballer. Sutee or nicknamed "Bird" is one of the most famous Thai footballer during the last decade ...more
- Siwarak Tedsungnoen (Thai: ศิวรักษ์ เทศสูงเนิน; RTGS: Siwarak Thetsungnoen; born April 20, 1984), simply known as Champ (Thai: แชมป์) is a Thai professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for ...more
- Teerasil Dangda (Thai: ธีรศิลป์ แดงดา, pronounced [tʰīː.rā.sǐn dɛ̄ːŋ.dāː]; born 6 June 1988) is a Thai footballer who plays for Thai League 1 club Muangthong United and the Thailand national team ...more