25+ Famous Singers Who Are Capricorns
Do any of your favorite singers happen to be Capricorns? This list compiles all the most famous Capricorn singers. These earth signs are known for being responsible, disciplined, and serious. Under the ruling planet of Saturn, famous Capricorns exercise practicality and restraint in all areas of their lives. While artists are typically known to be led by their emotions, these Capricorn singers and entertainers prove it's possible to be level-headed while pursuing a career in the arts.
Capricorn celebrities are naturally good managers and leaders, and know how to govern both themselves and others. Basically, Capricorn famous people have got it all under control. Both Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik of One Direction happen to be Capricorn celebs, so it's probable that they provided the stability in the boy band before it broke up. Other famous Capricorn musicians include the legendary David Bowie, Elvis Presley, Patti Smith, and Dolly Parton.
If you're also a Capricorn, you're in good company. Keep reading to learn more about the famous Capricorn celebrities who have made names for themselves in the music industry, along with lyrical references when applicable. Are you surprised by the Capricorn artists? For more Capricorn content, check out our list on famous Capricorn rappers.
- John Roger Stephens (born December 28, 1978), known professionally as John Legend, is an American singer, songwriter, producer, actor, and philanthropist. Prior to the release of Legend's debut album, Get Lifted, (2004) he had collaborated with already established artists and signed to Kanye West's GOOD Music. Legend has sung on Jay-Z's "Encore", Alicia Keys's "You Don't Know My Name", Dilated Peoples' "This Way", Slum Village's "Selfish", Fort Minor's "High Road", and played piano on Lauryn Hill's "Everything Is Everything". Legend's single "All of Me" from his fourth studio album Love in the Future (2013) was a Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit. In 2007, Legend received the Hal David ...more
- Born: 12-28-1978
- Birthplace: Springfield, Ohio, United States of America
- Photo: Ian Gavan / Getty ImagesZain Javadd "Zayn" Malik is an English singer and songwriter, and a previous member of the boy band One Direction. In 2010, Malik auditioned as a solo artist for the British television series The X Factor. After being eliminated as a solo performer, Malik was brought back into the competition, along with four other contestants, to form the group that would later become known as One Direction. During his time in One Direction, Malik, along with his bandmates, had released four commercially successful albums, performed on a worldwide tour, and won several awards. In March 2015, Malik's representative announced the singer's departure from the band.
- Born: 01-12-1993
- Birthplace: Bradford, United Kingdom
- Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977), also known mononymously as Elvis, was an American singer and actor. Regarded as one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century, he is often referred to as the "King of Rock and Roll" or simply "the King". Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, and relocated to Memphis, Tennessee, with his family when he was 13 years old. His music career began there in 1954, recording at Sun Records with producer Sam Phillips, who wanted to bring the sound of African-American music to a wider audience. Presley, on rhythm acoustic guitar, and accompanied by lead guitarist Scotty Moore and bassist Bill Black, was a pioneer of ...more
- Born: 01-08-1935
- Birthplace: Tupelo, Mississippi, United States of America
- Photo: Robin Marchant / Getty ImagesHayley Nichole Williams (born December 27, 1988) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and businesswoman. She is the lead vocalist, primary songwriter, and keyboardist of the rock band Paramore. Born and raised in Mississippi, Williams moved to Tennessee at the age of 15 when her parents divorced. In 2004, she formed Paramore alongside Josh Farro, Zac Farro, and Jeremy Davis. The band currently consists of Hayley Williams, Zac Farro and Taylor York. The band has released five studio albums: All We Know Is Falling (2005), Riot! (2007), Brand New Eyes (2009), Paramore (2013), and After Laughter (2017). Williams recorded the song "Teenagers" for the soundtrack of Jennifer's Body (2009) ...more
- Born: 12-27-1988
- Birthplace: Meridian, Mississippi, United States of America
- Dolly Rebecca Parton (born January 19, 1946) is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, actress, author, businesswoman, and humanitarian, known primarily for her work in country music. After achieving success as a songwriter for others, Parton made her album debut in 1967 with Hello, I'm Dolly. With steady success during the remainder of the 1960s (both as a solo artist and with a series of duet albums with Porter Wagoner), her sales and chart peak came during the 1970s and continued into the 1980s. Parton's albums in the 1990s sold less well, but she achieved commercial success again in the new millennium and has released albums on various independent labels ...more
- Born: 01-19-1946
- Birthplace: Sevierville, Tennessee, USA
- Photo: Chris Jackson / Getty ImagesElena Jane Goulding (born 30 December 1986) is an English singer and songwriter. Her career began when she met record producers Starsmith and Frankmusik, and she was later spotted by Jamie Lillywhite, who later became her manager and A&R. After signing to Polydor Records in July 2009, Goulding released her debut extended play, An Introduction to Ellie Goulding later that year.In 2010, she became the second artist to top the BBC's annual Sound of... poll and win the Critics' Choice Award at the Brit Awards in the same year. She released her debut studio album, Lights, in 2010; it debuted at No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart and has sold over 850,000 copies in the United Kingdom. In November 2010, ...more
- Born: 12-30-1986
- Birthplace: Lyonshall, United Kingdom