List of Celebrities Who Dropped Out of College, loosely ranked by fame and popularity. You don't need a college diploma to pursue your dreams. Several famous people enrolled in college, only to drop out so they could attend the school of life. Some celebrities who dropped out of college went on to make over a billion dollars.
Who is the most famous person who dropped out of college? Brad Pitt tops our list. The “Fight Club” actor dropped out of the University of Missouri, where he was majoring in journalism. He left college a mere two weeks before earning his degree. Pitt moved to Los Angeles, took acting lessons and the rest is history. Other famous college dropouts include rapper Kanye West, talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and conservative commentator Glenn Beck.
Several college dropouts have started companies that have earned them billions of dollars. Apple founder Steve Jobs dropped out of Reed College. At the time of his death in 2011, Jobs' estimated net worth was over $10 billion. Other billionaire college dropouts include Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Microsoft inventor Bill Gates and “Jurassic Park” director Steven Spielberg.Do you think these celebrities were successful because they dropped out of college? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Brad Pitt dropped out of the University of Missouri.
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: USA, Shawnee, Oklahoma
- Ashton Kutcher dropped out of the University of Iowa.
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of America
- Kate Beckinsale dropped out of Oxford University.
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Finsbury Park, London, United Kingdom
- Mila Kunis dropped out of UCLA and Loyola Marymount University.
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Chernivtsi, Ukraine