List of notable or famous comedians from Ireland, with bios and photos, including the top comedians born in Ireland and even some popular comedians who immigrated to Ireland. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Irish comedians then this list is the perfect resource for you. These comedians are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known comedian from Ireland is included when available.
List of famous Irish comics and stand up comedians range from Graham Norton to Chris O'Dowd.
This historic comedians from Ireland list can help answer the questions "Who are some Irish comedians of note?" and "Who are the most famous comedians from Ireland?" These prominent comedians of Ireland may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Irish comedians.Use this list of renowned Irish comedians to discover some new comedians that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useArdal O'Hanlon (; born 8 October 1965) is an Irish comedian and actor. He played Father Dougal McGuire in Father Ted, George Sunday/Thermoman in My Hero, and DI Jack Mooney in Death in Paradise. ... more
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Carrickmacross, Republic of Ireland
- Photo: user uploaded imageBrendan Courtney (born 24 June 1973 in Dublin) is an Irish TV presenter, broadcaster & fashion designer. He has written many hit TV formats and made award-winning documentaries. His fashion label Lennon Courtney began in 2012, the first openly gay presenter in Ireland. He created and hosted Wanderlust on RTÉ Two, Treasure Island RTE2, Holiday Home Detectives RTE1 The Brendan Courtney Show on TV3, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV2, Blind Date on ITV2, Love Match on ITV1, Look of Love on ITV1, The Clothes Show on UKTV and Off the Rails on RTÉ One. He is one half of design duo "Lennon Courtney" along with Sonya Lennon which is stocked in Dunnes Stores. He has most recently made the... more
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Clondalkin, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Photo: flickr / CC0Brendan Grace (1 April 1951 – 11 July 2019) was an Irish comedian and singer. He was best known for his comedy schoolboy character "Bottler Murphy" in the 1995 film Moondance, and his 1996 appearance in the Irish TV sitcom Father Ted as Father Fintan Stack. His 1975 song "The Combine Harvester" was a number one hit in Ireland.... more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useBrendan O'Carroll is an Irish writer, producer, comedian, actor, and director. He is best known for portraying foul-mouthed matriarch Agnes Brown in the BBC television sitcom Mrs. Brown's Boys.... more
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Finglas, Republic of Ireland