List of notable or famous computer scientists from India, with bios and photos, including the top computer scientists born in India and even some popular computer scientists who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian computer scientists then this list is the perfect resource for you. These computer scientists are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known computer scientist from India is included when available.
This list below has a variety of people, like Amar Gupta and Ramanathan V. Guha, in it.
This historic computer scientists from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian computer scientists of note?" and "Who are the most famous computer scientists from India?" These prominent computer scientists of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian computer scientists.Use this list of renowned Indian computer scientists to discover some new computer scientists that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Abdul Waheed Khan (born 1947) was the Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), a role he has held from 2001 to 2010. He is currently President of a start-up business university in Manama, Bahrain. ... more
- Age: 74
- Birthplace: India
- Photo: user uploaded imageAjay Kapur (born 1980) is a computer scientist, musician, entrepreneur and educator known for his pioneering work in musical robotics and electronic instrument design. He has toured internationally with his custom electronic sitar and mobile robotic drummer, the MahaDeviBot and currently serves as professor and associate Dean at California Institute of the Arts with advisory roles at New Zealand School of Music. Ajay also co-founded and was president and CEO of Kadenze, the MOOC for arts, music and creative technology. ... more
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: India
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainAmar Gupta (born 1953) is a computer scientist, originally from Gujarat, India and now based in the United States. Gupta has worked in academics, private companies, and international organizations in positions that involved analysis and leveraging of opportunities at the intersection of technology and business, as well as the design, development, and implementation of prototype systems that led to widespread adoption of new techniques and technologies. He has surmounted several strategic, business, technical, economic, legal, and public policy barriers related to several innovative products and services. Gupta has spent the bulk of his career at MIT. In 2015, he rejoined MIT to work at the... more
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: Nadiad, Gujrat city, India
- Aravind Krishna Joshi (August 5, 1929 – December 31, 2017) was the Henry Salvatori Professor of Computer and Cognitive Science in the computer science department of the University of Pennsylvania. Joshi defined the tree-adjoining grammar formalism which is often used in computational linguistics and natural language processing. Joshi studied at Pune University and the Indian Institute of Science, where he was awarded a BE in electrical engineering and a DIISc in communication engineering respectively. Joshi's graduate work was done in the electrical engineering department at the University of Pennsylvania, and he was awarded his PhD in 1960. He became a professor at Penn and was the... more
- Age: 92
- Birthplace: Pune, India