List of famous cricket players from Jamaica, listed alphabetically with photos of the players when available. Jamaica has produced some very talented cricket players over the years, including slips, sweepers and wicket-keepers. These are some of the best Jamaican cricket players to ever live, so if you're a native of Jamaica and are aspiring to play cricket professionally then these people should be your idols. If you're searching for a particular popular cricket player from Jamaica then you can use the "search" box to find who you're looking for.
This list includes Daren Powell, Joseph Smith and more.
This list answers the questions, "Who are the greatest Jamaican cricket players?" and "Which cricket players are from Jamaica?"You can click on the names of these legendary cricket players of Jamaica in order to get more information about each one. If you play cricket or just love the sport then use this list of talented Jamaican cricket players to find some athletes you haven't heard of before.
- 1Ainsley Hall (born 23 June 1972 in Jamaica) is a Cayman Islands cricketer. A right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper, he has played for the Cayman Islands national cricket team since 2005.... more
- 2Andre Dwayne Russell (born 29 April 1988) is a Jamaican professional cricketer. Russell plays internationally for the West Indies and for Jamaica in West Indian domestic cricket as an all-rounder. He... more
- 3Austin Codrington (born 22 August 1975) is a former Canadian One Day International cricketer. He is primarily a bowler but can contribute useful runs near the bottom of the order on occasion; as of... more
- 4Brenton Anthony Parchment (born 24 June 1982) is a West Indian cricketer. Born in St Elizabeth, Jamaica, he was the West Indies Under-19 captain to England in 2001. This team was the only West... more
- 5Carl Da Costa Wright (born 17 September 1977) is a Jamaican born American cricketer. Wright is a right-handed batsman who plays occasionally as a wicketkeeper. Wright currently represents the United... more
- 6Carlton Seymour Baugh (born 23 June 1982) is a Jamaican cricketer. He attended Wolmer's Schools He is an aggressive right-hand batsman, wicketkeeper and occasional bowler of leg breaks and googlies.... more
- 7Christopher Henry Gayle, OD (born 21 September 1979) is a Jamaican cricketer who plays international cricket for the West Indies. Gayle captained the West Indies Test side from 2007 to 2010.... more
- 8O'Neil Gordon "Collie" Smith (5 May 1933 in Kingston, Jamaica – 9 September 1959 in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England) was a West Indian cricketer. A hard-hitting batsman and off spin bowler,... more
- 9Courtney Andrew Walsh OJ (born 30 October 1962) is a former Jamaican cricketer who represented the West Indies from 1984 to 2001, captaining the West Indies in 22 Test matches. He is a fast bowler,... more
- 10Mark Gilvary is a film actor....
- 11Danza Pacino Hyatt is a Jamaican cricketer. A right-hand batsman and occasional medium pace bowler, Hyatt made his first-class cricket debut for West Indies B against Kenya in January 2004. He made... more
- 12For the English footballer, see Darren PowellDaren Brent Lyle Powell (born 15 April 1978) is a West Indian cricketer who plays first-class cricket for Jamaica. A right-arm fast medium bowler, he has... more
- 13David Gibbs may refer to: David Gibbs (naturalist) (born 1958), British naturalist David Gibbs (cricketer) (born 1967), former Bermudian cricketer David Gibbs (American football) (born 1968),... more
- 14Delroy Bertram Taylor is a former Jamaican cricketer. Taylor was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm medium pace. He was born in St Catherine, Jamaica. Having played Youth Test and Youth One... more
- 15Derrick Brooks Keith Page is a Jamaican born former English cricketer. Page was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm fast-medium. He was born in Trelawny, Cornwall County. Page made his debut... more
- 16Devon Eugene Malcolm (born 22 February 1963) is a former English cricketer. He played in 40 Test matches for his adopted country, but took part in just ten One Day Internationals. On his day he was... more
- 17Douglas Sang Hue (28 October 1931 - 22 August 2014) was a West Indian cricket umpire. He was of Chinese descent. Sang Hue umpired 31 Test matches in the West Indies between 1962 and 1981, mostly... more
- 18Evon McInnnis is a former cricketer born in Jamaica who played for Jamaica and then Central Districts in New Zealand. He also plays for Manawatu in the Hawke Cup.... more
- 19Gareth Rohan Breese (born January 9, 1976) is a West Indian cricketer. He attended Wolmer's Schools. He played one Test match in 2002, as a spin bowler in Chennai against India. Breese scored five... more
- 20George Dunsford Barne (6 May 1879 — 18 June 1954) was a Jamaican-born British cricketer who played for Somerset County Cricket Club and an Anglican priest who became Bishop of Lahore from 1932 until... more
- 21Gregory Irvin is a Bahamian cricket player....
- 22Herbert Samuel Chang (born 2 July 1952 in Jamaica) is a former West Indian cricketer who played in one Test in 1979 before joining the West Indian Rebel cricket team to South Africa. Chang was... more
- 23Howard Ray Johnson (born 16 August 1964) is a Jamaican born American former cricketer. A right-handed batsman and right-arm medium-fast bowler, he played for the United States national cricket team... more
- 24Ivanhoe Mordecai Barrow (6 January 1911 – 2 April 1979) was a Jamaican cricketer who played 11 Tests for the West Indies. Barrow was born to Hyam and Mamie Barrow, two Sephardic Jews on 6 January... more
- 25Jerome Everton Taylor (born 22 June 1984) is a Jamaican cricketer who plays currently limited over internationals for the West Indies. In July 2016, he announced his retirement from Test cricket... more