Famous Dancers from France
List of notable or famous dancers from France, with bios and photos, including the top dancers born in France and even some popular dancers who immigrated to France. If you're trying to find out the names of famous French dancers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These dancers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known dancer from France is included when available.
These people, like Josephine Baker and Leslie Caron include images when available. Featuring ballerinas, popular ballet dancers, and more, this list has it all.
This historic dancers from France list can help answer the questions "Who are some French dancers of note?" and "Who are the most famous dancers from France?" These prominent dancers of France may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected French dancers.Use this list of renowned French dancers to discover some new dancers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Alizée Jacotey (born 21 August 1984), known professionally as Alizée, is a French singer, dancer and voice actress. She was born and raised in Ajaccio, Corsica. She was discovered by Mylène Farmer, following her winning performance in the talent show Graines de Star in 1999. While collaborating with Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, she followed it with a series of albums that attained immense popularity by pushing the boundaries of lyrical content in mainstream popular music and imagery in her music videos, which became a fixture on NRJ, Europe 1, MTV, Virgin Radio, and many others. Throughout her career, many of her songs have been in top 25 hit lists on the record charts, including ...more
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Ajaccio, France
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainHelene Anna Held (19 March 1872 – 12 August 1918), known professionally as Anna Held, was a Broadway stage performer and singer born in Warsaw, Poland. She started her career with stints in theatres in Paris and London, and is most often associated with theatre producer and impresario Florenz Ziegfeld, her common-law husband.
- Age: Dec. at 46 (1872-1918)
- Birthplace: Warsaw, Second Polish Republic
- Electrosexual is a French electronic musician, composer, performer, record producer and music video director living in Berlin.
- Age: 42
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useJacques d'Amboise may refer to: Jacques d'Amboise (doctor) (1559–1606), French doctor and surgeon Jacques d'Amboise (bishop) (ca. 1445–1516), French religious dignitary and patron of medieval France Jacques d'Amboise (dancer) (born 1934), American ballet dancer and choreographer
- Age: 88
- Birthplace: Dedham, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Joanna Noëlle Levesque (born December 20, 1990), known professionally as JoJo, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Raised in Foxborough, Massachusetts, she began performing in singing competitions and local talent shows from a young age. In 2003, record producer Vincent Herbert noticed her after she competed on the television show America's Most Talented Kids and asked her to audition for his record label Blackground Records. Signing with them that same year, JoJo released her eponymous debut studio album the following year in June 2004. It peaked at number four on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), ...more
- Age: 32
- Birthplace: Brattleboro, Vermont, United States of America
- Photo: Antonio Marín Segovia / flickr / CC-BY-NC-ND 2.0Josephine Baker (born Freda Josephine McDonald, naturalised French Joséphine Baker; 3 June 1906 – 12 April 1975) was an American-born French entertainer, activist, and French Resistance agent. Her career was centered primarily in Europe, mostly in her adopted France. During her early career she was renowned as a dancer, and was among the most celebrated performers to headline the revues of the Folies Bergère in Paris. Her performance in the revue Un vent de folie in 1927 caused a sensation in Paris. Her costume, consisting of only a girdle of artificial bananas, became her most iconic image and a symbol of the Jazz Age and the 1920s.Baker was celebrated by artists and intellectuals of the ...more
- Age: Dec. at 68 (1906-1975)
- Birthplace: USA, St. Louis, Missouri