List of notable or famous economists from Philippines, with bios and photos, including the top economists born in Philippines and even some popular economists who immigrated to Philippines. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Filipino economists then this list is the perfect resource for you. These economists are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known economist from Philippines is included when available.
This list features Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III and more famous Filipino people in economics.
This historic economists from Philippines list can help answer the questions "Who are some Filipino economists of note?" and "Who are the most famous economists from Philippines?" These prominent economists of Philippines may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Filipino economists.Use this list of renowned Filipino economists to discover some new economists that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: U.S. Embassy in Manila / Wikimedia Commons / Public DomainAugusto Santos is a Filipino career government official who served as acting Director-General of the National Economic and Development Authority from 2005-2006, 2007-2008 and 2009-2010. He was educated at the University of the Philippines.... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Manila, Philippines
- Benigno Simeon Cojuangco Aquino III (born February 8, 1960) is a Filipino politician who served as the 15th President of the Philippines from 2010 until 2016. Aquino is a fourth-generation politician and the chairman of the Liberal Party from 2010 to 2016.On September 9, 2009, shortly after the death of his mother, Aquino officially announced that he would be a candidate in the 2010 presidential election. He was elected and on June 30, 2010 was sworn into office as the fifteenth President of the Philippines at the Quirino Grandstand in Rizal Park, Manila, succeeding Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. He ended his term on June 30, 2016, succeeded by Rodrigo Duterte. In 2013, Time named him one of the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Manila, Philippines
- Benjamin Estoista Diokno (born March 31, 1948) is the current Governor of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas under the administration of President Rodrigo Duterte, and Chairman of the Anti-Money Laundering Council. Prior to his appointment, he was the Secretary of Budget and Management under the same administration. He held the same position under President Joseph Estrada, from July 1998 until Estrada's ouster in January 2001. Diokno also served as Undersecretary for Budget Operations at the Department of Budget and Management, from 1986 to 1991, during the administration of President Corazon Aquino. On March 4, 2019, President Rodrigo Duterte appointed Diokno as the fifth Governor of the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Taal, Batangas, Municipalities of the Philippines, Philippines, Batangas
- Cielito Flores Habito (born April 20, 1953 in Cabuyao City, Laguna) or "Ciel" Habito is a Filipino economist, professor, and columnist. He served concurrently as the Director-General of the National Economic and Development Authority and Socio-Economic Planning Secretary during the Ramos administration.He is one of the 1991 Ten Outstanding Young Men Awardees for Economics.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 67
- Birthplace: Eurasia, Maritime Southeast Asia, Municipalities of the Philippines, Philippines, Asia