List of notable or famous editors from India, with bios and photos, including the top editors born in India and even some popular editors who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian editors then this list is the perfect resource for you. These editors are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known editor from India is included when available.
Zafarul Islam Khan and Fareed Zakaria are included on this list.
This historic editors from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian editors of note?" and "Who are the most famous editors from India?" These prominent editors of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian editors.Use this list of renowned Indian editors to discover some new editors that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
Anup KuttyAnup Kutty is an Indian journalist and musician. He was the editor of Maxim magazine - India, which is the Indian version of the world's largest selling men's magazine from July 2006 to August 2009. At 27, he became the youngest Maxim editor in the world. He is credited for being part of Maxim 's controversial launch in India following it up with sensational covers featuring India's most glamorous stars such as Freida Pinto, Katrina Kaif, Malaika Arora Khan, Soha Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Gul Panag, Nandana Sen, Mandira Bedi and Yana Gupta. He also plays electric guitar for the Indian rock band menwhopause.... more
- Age: 42
- Aroon Purie (born 1944) is an Indian businessman, and the founder-publisher and former editor-in-chief of India Today and former chief executive of the India Today Group. He is the managing director of Thomson Press (India) Limited and the chairman and managing director of TV Today. He was also the editor-in-chief of Reader's Digest India. In October 2017, he passed control of the India Today Group to his daughter, Kallie Purie.... more
- Age: 77
- Birthplace: Lahore, Pakistan
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesArun Shourie (born 2 November 1941) is an Indian economist, journalist, author and politician. He has worked as an economist with the World Bank, a consultant to the Planning Commission of India, editor of the Indian Express and The Times of India and a Minister of Communications and Information Technology in the Vajpayee Ministry (1998–2004). He was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 1982 and the Padma Bhushan in 1990.... more
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Jalandhar, India
- Bal Keshav Thackeray (also known as Balasaheb Thackeray; Marathi pronunciation: [ʈʰaːkəɾeː]; 23 January 1926 – 17 November 2012) was an Indian politician who founded the Shiv Sena, a right-wing pro-Marathi and Hindu nationalist party active mainly in the state of Maharashtra. Thackeray began his professional career as a cartoonist with the English-language daily The Free Press Journal in Mumbai, but he left the paper in 1960 to form his own political weekly, Marmik. His political philosophy was largely shaped by his father Keshav Sitaram Thackeray, a leading figure in the Samyukta Maharashtra (United Maharashtra) movement, which advocated the creation of a separate linguistic state for... more
- Age: Dec. at 86 (1926-2012)
- Birthplace: Pune, India