List of notable or famous editors from India, with bios and photos, including the top editors born in India and even some popular editors who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian editors then this list is the perfect resource for you. These editors are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known editor from India is included when available.
Zafarul Islam Khan and Fareed Zakaria are included on this list.
This historic editors from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian editors of note?" and "Who are the most famous editors from India?" These prominent editors of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian editors.Use this list of renowned Indian editors to discover some new editors that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Barkha Dutt is an Indian television journalist and author working with Tiranga TV. She was part of NDTV's team for 21 years, until she left the channel in January 2017. Barkha emerged as a prominent figure after her frontline war reporting on the Kargil Conflict between India & Pakistan in 1999. Dutt has won many national and international awards, including the Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian honour. Dutt was one of the journalists taped in the Radia tapes controversy. At NDTV, Dutt was the host of the weekly, award-winning talk-show We The People as well as the daily prime-time show The Buck Stops Here.... more
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: New Delhi, India
- Photo: user uploaded imageAparisim "Bobby" Ghosh is an Indian-born American journalist and commentator. He is a columnist and member of the editorial board at Bloomberg Opinion.Starting in 2016, Ghosh was editor-in-chief of the Hindustan Times. He was previously managing editor of the business news website Quartz and TIME Magazine's World Editor. He is an American national and was the first immigrant to be named World Editor in TIME's more than 80 years. He has previously been TIME's Baghdad bureau chief, and one of the longest-serving correspondents in Iraq. He has written stories from other conflict areas, like Palestine and Kashmir. He has also worked for Time Asia and Time Europe and has covered subjects as... more
- Photo: user uploaded imageChandan Mitra (Bengali: চন্দন মিত্র) (born 12 December 1955) is an Indian journalist, presently editor and managing director of The Pioneer newspaper in Delhi. He was nominated as a member of the Rajya Sabha during August 2003 to August 2009. He was elected to another term in the Rajya Sabha, as a Bharatiya Janata Party MP from Madhya Pradesh, in June 2010.... more
- Age: 65
- Cho Ramaswamy (5 October 1934 – 7 December 2016), was an Indian actor, comedian, character actor, editor, political satirist, playwright, dialogue writer, film director and lawyer in Tamil Nadu.... more
- Age: 86
- Birthplace: Mylapore, India