List of notable or famous engineers from India, with bios and photos, including the top engineers born in India and even some popular engineers who immigrated to India. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Indian engineers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These engineers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known engineer from India is included when available.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different people, including Man Mohan Sharma and Gharda Keki Hormisji.
This historic engineers from India list can help answer the questions "Who are some Indian engineers of note?" and "Who are the most famous engineers from India?" These prominent engineers of India may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Indian engineers.Use this list of renowned Indian engineers to discover some new engineers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: New Delhi, India
- Aravind Krishna Joshi (August 5, 1929 – December 31, 2017) was the Henry Salvatori Professor of Computer and Cognitive Science in the computer science department of the University of Pennsylvania. Joshi defined the tree-adjoining grammar formalism which is often used in computational linguistics and natural language processing. Joshi studied at Pune University and the Indian Institute of Science, where he was awarded a BE in electrical engineering and a DIISc in communication engineering respectively. Joshi's graduate work was done in the electrical engineering department at the University of Pennsylvania, and he was awarded his PhD in 1960. He became a professor at Penn and was the... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 91
- Birthplace: Pune, India
Ardeshir GodrejArdeshir Burjorji Sorabji Godrej (1868–1936) was an Indian businessman. With his brother Pirojsha Burjorji, he co-founded the Godrej Brothers Company, the precursor of the modern Godrej Group.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 68 (1868-1936)
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesArthur Edwin Kennelly (December 17, 1861 – June 18, 1939), was an Irish-American electrical engineer. ... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1861-1939)
- Birthplace: Colaba, India