List of notable or famous fashion designers from France, with bios and photos, including the top fashion designers born in France and even some popular fashion designers who immigrated to France. If you're trying to find out the names of famous French fashion designers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These fashion designers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known fashion designer from France is included when available.
List below includes Jean Paul Gaultier, Yves Saint-Laurent and more people.
This historic fashion designers from France list can help answer the questions "Who are some French fashion designers of note?" and "Who are the most famous fashion designers from France?" These prominent fashion designers of France may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected French fashion designers.Use this list of renowned French fashion designers to discover some new fashion designers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesAdeline André (pronounced [a.də.lin an.dʁe], born in 1949) is a French fashion designer and the head of one of the ten haute couture design houses in Paris. ... more
- Birthplace: Bangui, Central African Republic
- agnès b. (born Agnès Andrée Marguerite Troublé, 1941 in Versailles) is a French fashion designer. She is known for her self-named brand, which includes fashion and film interests.... more
- Age: 79
- Birthplace: Versailles, France
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesAndré Courrèges is a French fashion designer, known for his futuristic designs. At 25, after studying to be a civil engineer, he went to Paris to work at the fashion house Jeanne Lafaurie. A few months later, he went to Balenciaga. Courrèges was influenced by modern architecture, technology, new fabrics, and modernism and futurism in art and design. Several designers lay similar claim, including Coco Chanel, who worked with and knew many modern artists, and Mary Quant, whose career parallels those of Courrèges in some ways. Courrèges pushed his ideas to the extreme, producing some of the 20th century's most distinctive designs.... more
- Age: 97
- Birthplace: Pau, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domain4
Caroline RebouxCaroline Reboux (1837–1927) was a well-known Parisian milliner and French fashion designer.Reboux made an art form out of high fashion hats which were re-emerging in France to supplant the bonnet in the mid-19th century. She promoted the hat as an essential accessory for women's fashion.Like many of her customers, Reboux was self-invented: she put it about that she was the fourth child of an impoverished noblewoman and a man of letters, who was orphaned and came to Paris to live. ... more
- Age: Dec. at 90 (1837-1927)
- Birthplace: France