List of notable or famous fashion designers from France, with bios and photos, including the top fashion designers born in France and even some popular fashion designers who immigrated to France. If you're trying to find out the names of famous French fashion designers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These fashion designers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known fashion designer from France is included when available.
List below includes Jean Paul Gaultier, Yves Saint-Laurent and more people.
This historic fashion designers from France list can help answer the questions "Who are some French fashion designers of note?" and "Who are the most famous fashion designers from France?" These prominent fashion designers of France may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected French fashion designers.Use this list of renowned French fashion designers to discover some new fashion designers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Christian Audigier (French pronunciation: [kristjã~ odižje]; born Christian Audigier, 21 May 1958 – 9 July 2015) was a French fashion designer known for the Ed Hardy and Von Dutch clothing lines.... more
- Age: 63
- Birthplace: Avignon, France
- Christian Dior (French pronunciation: [kʁistjɑ̃ djɔːʁ]; 21 January 1905 – 24 October 1957) was a French fashion designer, best known as the founder of one of the world's top fashion houses, also called Christian Dior, which is now owned by Groupe Arnault. His fashion houses are now all around the world.... more
- Age: Dec. at 52 (1905-1957)
- Birthplace: Granville, France
- Christian Marie Marc Lacroix (French pronunciation: [kʁistjɑ̃ lakʁwa]; born 16 May 1951) is a French fashion designer. The name may also refer to the company he founded.... more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Arles, France
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYChristian Louboutin (French: [kʁis.tjɑ̃ lu.bu.tɛ̃]; born 7 January 1964) is a French fashion designer whose high-end stiletto footwear incorporates shiny, red-lacquered soles that have become his signature. Initially a freelance designer for fashion houses, he started his own shoe salon in Paris, with his shoes finding favor with celebrity clientele. He has partnered with other organizations for creative projects including limited edition pieces, gallery exhibits, and a custom bar. His company has since branched out into men's footwear, handbags, fragrances and makeup.... more
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: Paris, France