Famous Fashion Designers from Italy
List of notable or famous fashion designers from Italy, with bios and photos, including the top fashion designers born in Italy and even some popular fashion designers who immigrated to Italy. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Italian fashion designers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These fashion designers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known fashion designer from Italy is included when available.
Examples include Emilio Pucci and Donatella Versace.
This historic fashion designers from Italy list can help answer the questions "Who are some Italian fashion designers of note?" and "Who are the most famous fashion designers from Italy?" These prominent fashion designers of Italy may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Italian fashion designers.Use this list of renowned Italian fashion designers to discover some new fashion designers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useAlessandra Facchinetti (born 2 June 1972) is an Italian fashion designer. In 2007 she was appointed the creative director at the fashion House of Valentino, on the retirement of Valentino Garavani. Previously she had been a designer at the House of Gucci. After some initial success, in 2008 she was dismissed from Valentino, apparently because she did not draw on Valentino's archives.Facchinetti was one of the persons whose phone was illegally tapped in the SISMI-Telecom scandal.As reported by Vogue Italia, Facchinetti, along with Pietro Negra has launched a new ready-to-wear line named 'Uniqueness' for Pinko, which emphasises the importance of technology in fashion. She explained "I'm ...more
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: Bergamo, Italy
- Carlo Palazzi was an Italian fashion designer. The English company Jaeger licensed his work for an American line in the mid 1960s. Since then, he was licensed in Japan, Switzerland, Germany and Brazil. Customers at his shop on the Via Borgognona in Rome included George Hamilton, Marcello Mastroianni and Leonard Bernstein. Palazzi also worked with the Italian film industry, designing clothes for 41 films. He received an Academy Award nomination for the clothing in La Cage Aux Folles and its sequel La Cage aux Folles II.
- Age: 95
- Birthplace: Urbino, Italy
- Daniela Zuccoli is the widow of Mike Bongiorno.
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: Milan, Italy
- Photo: David Shankbone / FlickrDonatella Francesca Versace (born 2 May 1955) is an Italian fashion designer and the current chief creative officer of Versace, a division of Capri Holdings. Versace was founded by her brother, Gianni Versace, and upon his death in 1997, Donatella inherited 20% of the company and became its chief executive officer. Versace was sold to Capri Holdings in 2018, although Donatella still remains involved.
- Age: 68
- Birthplace: Reggio Calabria, Italy
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useElsa Schiaparelli ( SKAP-ə-REL-ee, SHAP-, also US: skee-AHP-, Italian: [ˈɛlsa skjapaˈrɛlli]; 1890–1973) was an Italian fashion designer. Along with Coco Chanel, her greatest rival, she is regarded as one of the most prominent figures in fashion between the two World Wars. Starting with knitwear, Schiaparelli's designs were heavily influenced by Surrealists like her collaborators Salvador Dalí and Jean Cocteau. Her clients included the heiress Daisy Fellowes and actress Mae West. Schiaparelli did not adapt to the changes in fashion following World War II and her couture house closed in 1954.
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1890-1973)
- Birthplace: Rome, Italy
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainEmilio Pucci, Marchese di Barsento, was a Florentine Italian fashion designer and politician. He and his eponymous company are synonymous with geometric prints in a kaleidoscope of colours.
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1914-1992)
- Birthplace: Naples, Italy