List of notable or famous fashion designers from Italy, with bios and photos, including the top fashion designers born in Italy and even some popular fashion designers who immigrated to Italy. If you're trying to find out the names of famous Italian fashion designers then this list is the perfect resource for you. These fashion designers are among the most prominent in their field, and information about each well-known fashion designer from Italy is included when available.
Examples include Emilio Pucci and Donatella Versace.
This historic fashion designers from Italy list can help answer the questions "Who are some Italian fashion designers of note?" and "Who are the most famous fashion designers from Italy?" These prominent fashion designers of Italy may or may not be currently alive, but what they all have in common is that they're all respected Italian fashion designers.Use this list of renowned Italian fashion designers to discover some new fashion designers that you aren't familiar with. Don't forget to share this list by clicking one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useElsa Schiaparelli ( SKAP-ə-REL-ee, SHAP-, also US: skee-AHP-, Italian: [ˈɛlsa skjapaˈrɛlli]; 1890–1973) was an Italian fashion designer. Along with Coco Chanel, her greatest rival, she is regarded as one of the most prominent figures in fashion between the two World Wars. Starting with knitwear, Schiaparelli's designs were heavily influenced by Surrealists like her collaborators Salvador Dalí and Jean Cocteau. Her clients included the heiress Daisy Fellowes and actress Mae West. Schiaparelli did not adapt to the changes in fashion following World War II and her couture house closed in 1954.... more
- Age: Dec. at 83 (1890-1973)
- Birthplace: Rome, Italy
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainEmilio Pucci, Marchese di Barsento, was a Florentine Italian fashion designer and politician. He and his eponymous company are synonymous with geometric prints in a kaleidoscope of colours.... more
- Age: Dec. at 78 (1914-1992)
- Birthplace: Naples, Italy
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesEnrico Coveri (1952 – 8 December 1990) was an Italian fashion designer and entrepreneur from Prato, Italy. A former model and stage designer, he founded the eponymous fashion house in Florence and was acclaimed for his creations ever since his first appearance on the catwalks of Milan and Paris in 1977. His designs are recognizable for their bright colours, prevalence of chromaticism, exuberant fantasy of prints, and taste for eccentricity and enjoyment. The designer presented his first collection, Touche by Enrico Coveri, in Milan in 1973. His creative talent made him famous in the world of fashion and a representative of the taste "Made in Italy". His first collection for women was... more
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: Prato, Italy
- Giovanni Versace (Italian: [ˈdʒovanni verˈsaːtʃe]; 2 December 1946 – 15 July 1997) was an Italian fashion designer and founder of Versace, an international fashion house that produces accessories, fragrances, make-up, home furnishings, and clothes. He also designed costumes for theatre and films. As a friend of Eric Clapton; Diana, Princess of Wales; Naomi Campbell; Duran Duran; Kate Moss; Madonna; Elton John; Cher; Sting; Tupac; The Notorious B.I.G.; and many other celebrities, he was one of the first designers to link fashion to the music world. He and his partner Antonio D'Amico were regulars on the international party scene. On 15 July 1997, Versace was shot and killed outside his Miami... more
- Age: Dec. at 50 (1946-1997)
- Birthplace: Reggio Calabria, Italy