List of famous female art critics, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female art critics list contains the most prominent and top females known for being art critics. There are thousand of females working as art critics in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic art critics have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a art critic then the people below should give you inspiration.
List includes Deborah Solomon, Tory Dent and more.While this isn't a list of all female art critics, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female art critics?" and "Who are the best female art critics?"
- Rosalind Epstein Krauss is an American art critic, art theorist and a professor at Columbia University in New York City. Krauss is known for her scholarship in 20th-century painting, sculpture and photography. As a critic and theorist she has published steadily since 1965 in Artforum, Art International and Art in America. She was associate editor of Artforum from 1971 to 1974 and has been editor of October, a journal of contemporary arts criticism and theory that she co-founded in 1976.... more
- Age: 78
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C.
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useVictorine "Tory" Dent (January 1, 1958 – December 30, 2005) was an American poet, art critic, and commentator on the AIDS crisis.... more
- Age: Dec. at 47 (1958-2005)
- Birthplace: Wilmington, Delaware
- Jill Johnston (May 17, 1929 – September 18, 2010) was an American feminist author and cultural critic who wrote Lesbian Nation in 1973 and was a longtime writer for The Village Voice. She was also a leader of the lesbian separatist movement of the 1970s. Johnston also wrote under the pen name F. J. Crowe.... more
- Age: Dec. at 81 (1929-2010)
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Photo: flickr / CC0Catherine Millet (French: [mijɛ]; born 1 April 1948 in Bois-Colombes, Hauts-de-Seine) is a French writer, art critic, curator, and founder and editor of the magazine Art Press, which focuses on modern art and contemporary art.... more
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Bois-Colombes, France