List of famous female ballet dancers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female ballet dancers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being ballet dancers. There are thousand of females working as ballet dancers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic ballet dancers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a ballet dancer then the people below should give you inspiration.
Everything from Vera Kostić to Noelani Pantastico is included on this list.While this isn't a list of all female ballet dancers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female ballet dancers?" and "Who are the best female ballet dancers?"
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Agnes George de Mille (September 18, 1905 – October 7, 1993) was an American dancer and choreographer.... more
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1905-1993)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Marguerite Porter MBE (born 1948) is an English former principal ballet dancer, turned actress and choreographer. Born in Doncaster, Porter trained in Yorkshire and at the Royal Ballet School in London, where she was taught by Dame Ninette De Valois.After two years training she joined The Royal Ballet, where she is now a Governor, becoming Senior Principal Ballerina in 1978. In a 20-year association, she danced all the major roles, including Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty, Odette/Odile in Swan Lake alongside Rudolf Nureyev, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, Ophelia in Hamlet, and the title role in productions of Manon, Giselle, Daphnis and Chloe among others. After leaving the Royal... more
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: Doncaster, England
- Veronica Tennant, (born January 15, 1946) is a Canadian producer, director, and filmmaker and was Principal Dancer, National Ballet of Canada. She was born in London, England, and moved to Canada with her parents and sister in 1955. Dancing from the age of four, by the age of 18, she became the youngest person ever to enter the National Ballet of Canada, and made her debut in the principal role in Romeo and Juliet. By 1976, she was a star at the National Ballet and touring across North America, Europe and Japan with Mikhail Baryshnikov and Rudolf Nureyev, among others, as prima ballerina. In 2015 she conceived and directed NIÁGARA: A Pan-American Story, a multidisciplinary project for the... more
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Amanda Schull (born August 26, 1978) is an American actress and former professional ballet dancer. She is known for her lead role in the 2000 film Center Stage, and for her recurring roles on the American television series One Tree Hill and Pretty Little Liars. She has since starred in the Syfy television series 12 Monkeys, and played a recurring role on the USA television series Suits before being promoted to series regular for the show's eighth season.... more
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America