List of famous female barristers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female barristers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being barristers. There are thousand of females working as barristers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic barristers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a barrister then the people below should give you inspiration.
People on this list include Linda Dobbs and Elizabeth Woodcraft.While this isn't a list of all female barristers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female barristers?" and "Who are the best female barristers?"
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesBrenda Marjorie Hale, Baroness Hale of Richmond, , known as Lady Hale (born 31 January 1945) is a British judge and the current President of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom. In 2004, she joined the House of Lords as a Lord of Appeal in Ordinary. She is the only woman to have been appointed to this position. She served as a Law Lord until 2009 when she, along with the other Law Lords, transferred to the new Supreme Court. She served as Deputy President of the Supreme Court from 2013 to 2017. On 5 September 2017, Hale was appointed as President of the Supreme Court, and was sworn in on 2 October 2017. She is the third person and first woman to serve the role, which was established... more
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useMobina S. B. Jaffer, (born August 20, 1949 in Kampala, Uganda) is a Canadian Senator representing British Columbia. She is the first South Asian woman appointed to the Upper House. She is currently a sitting member on the Standing Senate Committees on National Security and Defence, Finance, Official Languages and Internal Affairs, and the Senate Subcommittees on Veterans Affairs and Diversity. Born to an Indian family living in Africa, Jaffer was educated in England and Canada. She earned a law degree from the University of London in 1972 and attended the Executive Development program at Simon Fraser University. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia. Jaffer is a past member of the Girl... more
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: Kampala, Buganda
- Dame Vera Baird (née Thomas; born 13 February 1950) is a British politician, barrister, and academic. She is currently serving as The Victims' Commissioner for England and Wales. She is currently a Visiting Professor of Legal Practice at Newcastle University, as an Honorary Doctor of Civil Law at Northumbria University, as a Visiting Law Professor at London South Bank University, and as a Visiting Law Lecturer at Teesside University. She is an Honorary Fellow of St Hilda's College, Oxford and in November 2017 was appointed Honorary Fellow of Durham University Law School. She is Patron of Respect (which advises male domestic abuse victims and accredits courses for rehabilitating... more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Chadderton, United Kingdom
- Cherie Blair (née Booth; born 23 September 1954), also known professionally as Cherie Booth, is a British barrister, lecturer, and writer. She is married to Tony Blair, who was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.... more
- Age: 66
- Birthplace: Bury, United Kingdom