List of famous female barristers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female barristers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being barristers. There are thousand of females working as barristers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic barristers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a barrister then the people below should give you inspiration.
People on this list include Linda Dobbs and Elizabeth Woodcraft.While this isn't a list of all female barristers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female barristers?" and "Who are the best female barristers?"
- Photo: Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS / Getty ImagesMargaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, (née Roberts; 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013) was a British stateswoman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office. A Soviet journalist dubbed her "The 'Iron Lady'", a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style. As Prime Minister, she implemented policies known as Thatcherism. She studied chemistry at Somerville College, Oxford, and worked briefly as a research chemist, before becoming a barrister. Thatcher was... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1925-2013)
- Birthplace: Grantham, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Mary Patricia McAleese (; née Leneghan; Irish: Máire Pádraigín Mhic Ghiolla Íosa; born 27 June 1951) is an Irish politician who served as the eighth President of Ireland from November 1997 to November 2011. She was the second female president of Ireland. McAleese was first elected in 1997, succeeding Mary Robinson, making her the first woman in the world to succeed another woman as president. She was reelected unopposed for a second term in office in 2004. On both occasions she was elected as an independent, although she was previously a member of Fianna Fáil. McAleese is the first president of Ireland to have come from either Northern Ireland or Ulster.McAleese graduated in Law from... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: Belfast, United Kingdom
- Clarissa Theresa Philomena Aileen Mary Josephine Agnes Elsie Trilby Louise Esmerelda Dickson Wright (24 June 1947 – 15 March 2014) was an English celebrity chef, television personality, writer, businesswoman, and former barrister. She was best known as one of the Two Fat Ladies, with Jennifer Paterson, in the television cooking programme. She was an accredited cricket umpire and one of only two women to become a Guild Butcher.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 67 (1947-2014)
- Birthplace: St John's Wood, London, United Kingdom
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainMary Therese Winifred Robinson (Irish: Máire Bean Mhic Róibín; née Bourke; born 21 May 1944) is an Irish Independent politician who served as the seventh President of Ireland, becoming the first woman to hold this office. She also served as United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights from 1997 to 2002 and a Senator for the University of Dublin from 1969 to 1989. She first rose to prominence as an academic, barrister and campaigner. She defeated Fianna Fáil's Brian Lenihan and Fine Gael's Austin Currie, in the 1990 presidential election, becoming the first Independent candidate nominated by the Labour Party, the Workers' Party and Independent Senators. She was the first elected... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: Ballina, County Mayo, Republic of Ireland