List of famous female choreographers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female choreographers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being choreographers. There are thousand of females working as choreographers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic choreographers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a choreographer then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different people, like Carolyn Carlson and Stacey Tookey. Featuring ballet choreographers, hip hop choreographers, Black choreographers, and more, this list has it all. Aspiring dancers should know these famous names of choreography.
While this isn't a list of all female choreographers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female choreographers?" and "Who are the best female choreographers?"
- Deborah Kaye Allen (born January 16, 1950) is an American actress, dancer, choreographer, television director, television producer, and a former member of the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities. She is perhaps best known for her work on the 1982 musical-drama television series Fame, where she portrayed dance teacher Lydia Grant, and served as the series' principal choreographer. She currently portrays Catherine Fox on Grey's Anatomy. She is the younger sister of actress/director/singer Phylicia Rashad.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, USA
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useBriana Barbara-Jane Evigan (born October 23, 1986) is an American actress, dancer, singer, songwriter and choreographer best known for her roles in the Step Up series and for her scream queen roles in numerous horror films. Born in Los Angeles, Evigan is the daughter of actor Greg Evigan and his wife Pamela, a dancer, model and choreographer. She began dancing and acting at a young age, graduating from Los Angeles Valley College with a degree in speech and communication. Evigan began dancing professionally and appeared in numerous music videos, most notably "Numb" by Linkin Park (2003). She also started acting and had small roles in films such as Bottom's Up (2006) and television series... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 33
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Farah Khan Kunder (born 9 January 1965), née Farah Khan, is an Indian film director, film producer, actress, dancer and choreographer best known for her choreographic dance work in numerous Bollywood films. She has choreographed dance routines for more than a hundred songs in over 80 Hindi films, winning six Filmfare Awards for Best Choreography and the National Film Award for Best Choreography. In addition, she has worked on international projects, such as Marigold: An Adventure in India, Monsoon Wedding, Bombay Dreams and the Chinese films Perhaps Love and Kung Fu Yoga, earning Tony Award and Golden Horse Award nominations. She has since become a film director as well, with a Filmfare... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Mumbai, India
- Photo: Craig Baritt / Getty ImagesRosa María Perez (born September 6, 1964) is an American actress, singer, community activist, talk show host, author, dancer and choreographer. Her film breakthrough was in Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing (1989), which she followed with White Men Can't Jump (1992). Among many honors, she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Fearless (1993). She was also nominated for three Emmy Awards for her work as a choreographer on In Living Color. In 2007, Perez starred on Broadway as Googie Gomez in a revival of The Ritz, and she was nominated for an Indie Spirit Award for her performance in The Take. Perez was a regular host on The View and in 2015 she... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Bushwick, New York City, New York, United States of America