List of famous female choreographers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female choreographers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being choreographers. There are thousand of females working as choreographers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic choreographers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a choreographer then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different people, like Carolyn Carlson and Stacey Tookey. Featuring ballet choreographers, hip hop choreographers, Black choreographers, and more, this list has it all. Aspiring dancers should know these famous names of choreography.
While this isn't a list of all female choreographers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female choreographers?" and "Who are the best female choreographers?"
- Photo: Eastfjord Productions / ShutterstockPaula Julie Abdul (born June 19, 1962) is an American dancer, choreographer, singer, actress, and television personality. She began her career as a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Lakers at the age of 18 and later became the head choreographer for the Laker Girls, where she was discovered by The Jacksons. After choreographing music videos for Janet Jackson, Abdul became a choreographer at the height of the music video era and soon thereafter she was signed to Virgin Records. Her debut studio album Forever Your Girl (1988) became one of the most successful debut albums at that time, selling 7 million copies in the United States and setting a record for the most number-one singles from a... more
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: San Fernando, California, United States of America
- Photo: Kristian Dowling / Getty ImagesHema Malini (born 16 October 1948) is an Indian actress, writer, director, producer, dancer and politician. In 1962, she made her acting debut in the Tamil film Ithu Sathiyam. Malini first acted in a main role in Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968), and went on to feature in numerous Bollywood films, primarily as the lead actress. In most of her films, she starred opposite her husband Dharmendra and with Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand. Malini was initially promoted as the "Dream Girl", and in 1977 starred in a film of the same name. She has played both comic and dramatic roles, as well as being a dancer. She has appeared in more than 150 films.During her career, she received eleven nominations for the... more
- Age: 71
- Birthplace: India
- Carrie Ann Inaba (born January 5, 1968) is an American television personality, dancer, choreographer, actress, and singer. She is best known for her work on ABC TV's Dancing with the Stars, as Fook Yu in Austin Powers in Goldmember, and as a current co-host of the CBS Daytime talk show, The Talk. She started her career as a singer in Japan, but became best known for her dancing, first introducing herself to American audiences as one of the original Fly Girls on the Fox sketch comedy series In Living Color from 1990 to 1992.... more
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
- Photo: Jason Meritt / Getty Images4Mýa Marie Harrison (born October 10, 1979), known mononymously as Mýa, is an American singer, songwriter, producer, and actress. Born into a musical family, before entering the music industry she appeared on BET's Teen Summit. Signed in 1996 with Interscope Records, she released her eponymous debut album in April 1998. A critical and commercial success, the album produced her first top ten single "It's All About Me." Subsequent singles, "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)" and "Take Me There" continue to raise her profile and attained chart success worldwide, with the former garnering her first Grammy nomination. Fear of Flying, her sophomore album, was released in April 2000 and became... more
- Age: 40
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America