List of famous female comedians, featuring bios and photos when available. This female comedians list contains the most prominent and top females known for being comedians. Featuring the funniest female SNL alumni, this list also includes the hottest funny women of all time. The female comedians of note are listed by their level of prominence, and you can be sorted by various bits of information like date of birth or birthplace. There are thousand of females working as comedians in the world, but this list highlights only the notable ones.
Tina Fey and Ellen DeGeneres are a great starting point for your to rank your favorites on this list. Some of the funniest people in the world are women. From legends like Sarah Silverman to up-and-comers like Whitney Cummings and Amy Schumer, female comics are some of the best in the genre today.
While this isn't a list of all female comedians, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female comedians in the world?" and "Who are the best female comedians?"The most notable female comedians in history and today are shown below. Enjoy this list of well-known, leading female comedians. If you want to share these historic female comedians you can use one of the social media icons at the top or bottom of the page.
- Marilyn Monroe (born Norma Jeane Mortenson; June 1, 1926 – August 4, 1962) was an American actress, model, and singer. Famous for playing comic "blonde bombshell" characters, she became one of the most popular sex symbols of the 1950s and early 1960s and was emblematic of the era's changing attitudes towards sexuality. Although she was a top-billed actress for only a decade, her films grossed $200 million (equivalent to $2 billion in 2018) by the time of her unexpected death in 1962. More than half a century later, she continues to be a major popular culture icon.Born and raised in Los Angeles, Monroe spent most of her childhood in foster homes and an orphanage and married at the age of 16.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 36 (1926-1962)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Photo: Jason Meritt / Getty Images...
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: USA, Evergreen Park, Illinois
- Elizabeth Stamatina "Tina" Fey (born May 18, 1970) is an American actress, comedian, writer, producer, and playwright. She is best known for her work on the NBC sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live (1997–2006) and for creating the acclaimed comedy series 30 Rock (2006–2013) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2015–2019). Fey is also known for her work in film, with starring roles in Baby Mama (2008), Date Night (2010), Megamind (2010), Muppets Most Wanted (2014), Sisters (2015), Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (2016), and Wine Country (2019). Fey broke into comedy as a featured player in the Chicago-based improvisational comedy group The Second City. She then joined SNL as a writer, later becoming... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Photo: Jemal Countess / Getty ImagesAmy Beth Schumer (born June 1, 1981) is an American stand-up comedian and actress. She ventured into comedy in the early 2000s before appearing as a contestant on the fifth season of the NBC reality competition series Last Comic Standing in 2007. Since 2013, she has been the creator, co-producer, co-writer, and star of the Comedy Central sketch comedy series Inside Amy Schumer, for which she received a Peabody Award and for which Schumer has been nominated for five Primetime Emmy Awards, winning Outstanding Variety Sketch Series in 2015. Schumer wrote and made her film debut in a starring role in Trainwreck (2015), for which she received nominations for the Writers Guild of America Award... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 39
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America