List of famous female cyclists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female cyclists list contains the most prominent and top females known for being cyclists. There are thousand of females working as cyclists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic cyclists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a cyclist then the people below should give you inspiration.
People here include everyone from Sue Haywood to Nicole Cooke.While this isn't a list of all female cyclists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female cyclists?" and "Who are the best female cyclists?"
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYChristine Diane "Chris" Witty (born June 23, 1975) is an American speed skater and racing cyclist and participated in the Olympic Games in both sports. She won medals at both 1000 and 1500 meters in the 1998 Winter Olympics. In 2002, she won the Olympic gold medal at the 1000 meters in Salt Lake City, setting a world record in the process. In 1996 she became World Champion Sprint, in 1997 and 1998 she became second and in 2000 she became third. In 1998 she won the gold medal at the World Single Distance Championships at the 1000 m, in 1996 the silver and in 2000 the bronze medal at the same distance. In 2000, she placed fifth overall in the 500 m cycling time trials at the 2000 Summer... more
- Age: 45
- Birthplace: West Allis, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Melissa Giove (born 1972) is an American professional downhill mountain biker. Her nickname is The Missile. Giove was one of mountain-bike racing's first mainstream superstars, appearing on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and in adverts for Reebok. Throughout her career she won 14 NORBA downhill titles and 11 world cups. Giove's other accomplishments include three overall NORBA downhill crowns, two World Cup overalls, and the 1994 world championship title. ... more
- Age: 48
- Nicole Louise Reinhart (June 3, 1976 – September 17, 2000) was an American professional track and road racing cyclist who twice won gold medals in cycling at the Pan American Games.... more
- Age: Dec. at 24 (1976-2000)
- Birthplace: Pennsylvania
- Kristin Armstrong (born August 11, 1973) is a former professional road bicycle racer and three-time Olympic gold medalist, the winner of the women's individual time trial in 2008, 2012, and 2016. Before temporarily retiring to start a family in 2009, she rode for Cervélo TestTeam in women's elite professional events on the National Racing Calendar (NRC) and UCI Women's World Cup. She announced a return to competitive cycling beginning in the 2011 season, competing for Peanut Butter & Co. TWENTY12 at the Redlands Classic.... more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Boise, Idaho, United States of America