Editor's Note: Voting and Reranking have been closed.
List of famous female drag queens, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female drag queens list contains the most prominent and top females known for being drag queens. There are thousand of females working as drag queens in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic drag queens have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a drag queen then the people below should give you inspiration. People include everyone from Carmen Carrera to Jackie Beat. While this isn't a list of all female drag queens, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female drag queens?" and "Who are the best female drag queens?"
- Photo: Angela Weiss / Getty ImagesJorge Luis Flores Sanchez (born February 22, 1974), better known as Nina Flowers, is a Puerto Rican drag queen, DJ, activist, professional make-up artist, and reality television personality who has been performing since 1993.... more
- Age: 47
- Birthplace: Bayamón, Puerto Rico
- Pandora Boxx (born Michael Steck in Jamestown, New York) is an American drag queen, comedian and reality television personality from Rochester, New York. She is best known as a contestant from the second season of RuPaul's Drag Race and the first season of RuPaul's All Star Drag Race.... more
- Age: 49
- Birthplace: Jamestown, New York, United States of America
- Photo: user uploaded imageThe Lady Chablis (March 11, 1957 – September 8, 2016) was an American actress, author, and transgender club performer. Through exposure in the bestselling nonfiction book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil that reads like fiction, and its 1997 film adaptation, she became one of the first drag performers to be accepted by a wider audience.... more
- Age: 64
- Birthplace: Quincy, USA, Florida
- Photo: user uploaded imageMarsha P. Johnson (August 24, 1945 – July 6, 1992) was an American gay liberation activist and self-identified drag queen. Known as an outspoken advocate for gay rights, Johnson was one of the prominent figures in the Stonewall uprising of 1969. A founding member of the Gay Liberation Front, Johnson co-founded the gay and transvestite advocacy organization S.T.A.R. (Street Transvestite Action Revolutionaries), alongside close friend Sylvia Rivera. A popular figure in New York City's gay and art scene, Johnson modeled for Andy Warhol, and performed onstage with the drag performance troupe Hot Peaches. Known for decades as a welcoming presence in the streets of Greenwich Village, Johnson was... more
- Age: Dec. at 48 (1944-1992)
- Birthplace: Elizabeth, New Jersey