List of famous female editors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female editors list contains the most prominent and top females known for being editors. There are thousand of females working as editors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic editors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a editor then the people below should give you inspiration.
List is made up of people like Emily Gould and Joani Blank.While this isn't a list of all female editors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female editors?" and "Who are the best female editors?"
- Arianna Stassinopoulos Huffington (born July 15, 1950) is a Greek-American author, syndicated columnist, and businesswoman. She is the founder of The Huffington Post, the founder and CEO of Thrive Global, and the author of fifteen books. In May 2005, she launched The Huffington Post, a news and blog site. In August 2016, she launched Thrive Global, a corporate and consumer well-being and productivity platform. She has been named to Time Magazine's list of the world’s 100 most influential people and the Forbes Most Powerful Women list. Originally from Greece, she moved to England when she was 16 and graduated from Girton College, Cambridge, where she earned a B.A. in economics. At 21, she... more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: Athens, Greece
- Jacqueline Lee Kennedy Onassis (née Bouvier ; July 28, 1929 – May 19, 1994) was First Lady of the United States during the presidency of John F. Kennedy and was regarded then and afterward as an international icon of style and culture. Bouvier was born in 1929 in Southampton, New York, to Wall Street stockbroker John Vernou Bouvier III and his wife, Janet Lee Bouvier. In 1951, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in French literature from George Washington University and went on to work for the Washington Times-Herald as an inquiring photographer.In 1952, Bouvier met then-Congressman Jack Kennedy at a dinner party in Washington. Kennedy was elected to the Senate that same year, and the... more
- Age: Dec. at 65 (1929-1994)
- Birthplace: Southampton, New York, United States of America
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty ImagesKelly Jean Killoren Bensimon (born May 1, 1968) is an American author, socialite and former editor of Elle Accessories and a former model. She appeared as a full-time cast member on the Bravo television series The Real Housewives of New York City from seasons 2 to season 4. ... more
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: Rockford, Illinois, USA
- Alternative Name: Kelly Bensimon
- Photo: lev radin / ShutterstockDame Anna Wintour (; born 3 November 1949) is a British-American journalist and editor who has been editor-in-chief of Vogue since 1988 and artistic director for Condé Nast, Vogue's publisher, since 2013. With her trademark pageboy bob haircut and dark sunglasses, Wintour has become an important figure in much of the fashion world, widely praised for her eye for fashion trends and her support for younger designers. Her reportedly aloof and demanding personality has earned her the nickname "Nuclear Wintour". Her father, Charles Wintour, editor of the London Evening Standard (1959–76), consulted her on how to make the newspaper relevant to the youth of the era. She became interested in... more
- Age: 70
- Birthplace: England, London