List of famous female film directors, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female film directors list contains the most prominent and top females known for being film directors. There are thousand of females working as film directors in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic film directors have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a film director then the people below should give you inspiration.
List is made up of many different people, including Sarah Schulman and Judith Helfand.While this isn't a list of all female film directors, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female film directors?" and "Who are the best female film directors?"
- Photo: test 2Jennifer Joanna Aniston (born February 11, 1969) is an American actress, film producer, and businesswoman. The daughter of actors John Aniston and Nancy Dow, she began working as an actress at an early age with an uncredited role in the 1987 film Mac and Me. Since her career grew in the 1990s, Aniston has remained a well-known figure, established as one of the leading and highest-paid actresses in Hollywood as of 2019. Aniston rose to international fame portraying Rachel Green on the television sitcom Friends (1994–2004), for which she earned Primetime Emmy, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild awards. The character was widely popular while the series aired and was later recognized as one... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 46
- Birthplace: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (born February 21, 1979) is an American actress and singer. Hewitt began her career as a child actress and singer, appearing in national television commercials before joining the cast of the Disney Channel series Kids Incorporated (1989–1991) as well as performing as a backup singer. She received her breakthrough role as Sarah Reeves Merrin on the Fox teen drama Party of Five (1995–1999) and rose to fame as a teen star for her role as Julie James in the horror film I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) and its 1998 sequel, as well as Amanda Beckett in the teen comedy film Can't Hardly Wait (1998). Hewitt starred alongside Sigourney Weaver in the romantic comedy film... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 36
- Birthplace: Waco, Texas, USA
- Photo: Tinseltown / ShutterstockSalma Hayek Pinault (, Spanish: [ˈsalma ˈxaʝek]; born Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez; September 2, 1966) is a Mexican and American film actress and producer. She began her career in Mexico starring in the telenovela Teresa and starred in the film El Callejón de los Milagros (Miracle Alley) for which she was nominated for an Ariel Award. In 1991, Hayek moved to Hollywood and came to prominence with roles in films such as Desperado (1995), From Dusk till Dawn (1996), Wild Wild West, and Dogma (both 1999). Her breakthrough role was in the 2002 film Frida, as Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, for which she was nominated for Best Actress for the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award, and... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 54
- Birthplace: Coatzacoalcos, Mexico
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin / Getty ImagesMadonna Louise Ciccone (, Italian: [tʃikˈkoːne]; born August 16, 1958) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman. Referred to as the "Queen of Pop" since the 1980s, Madonna is known for pushing the boundaries of songwriting in mainstream popular music and for the imagery she uses onstage and in music videos. She has frequently reinvented her music and image while maintaining autonomy within the recording industry. Although having sparked controversy, her works have been praised by music critics. Madonna is often cited as an influence by other artists. Born and raised in Michigan, Madonna moved to New York City in 1978 to pursue a career in modern dance. After performing... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 62
- Birthplace: Bay City, Michigan, United States of America