List of famous female game designers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female game designers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being game designers. There are thousand of females working as game designers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic game designers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a game designer then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing has a variety of people in it, like Barbara G. Young and Oral Coster.While this isn't a list of all female game designers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female game designers?" and "Who are the best female game designers?"
- Rebecca Ann Heineman (born William Salvador Heineman) is an American video game designer and programmer. A long-time veteran of the video game industry (originally credited mostly as Bill Heineman), Heineman was a founding member of video game companies Interplay Productions, Logicware, Contraband Entertainment and Olde Sküül. She acts as chief executive officer for Olde Sküül since 2013. ... more
- Age: 56
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair use2
Roberta WilliamsRoberta Williams (born February 16, 1953) is an American video game designer, writer, and a co-founder of Sierra On-Line (later known as Sierra Entertainment), who developed her first game while living in Simi Valley, California. She is most famous for her work in the field of graphic adventure games with titles such as Mystery House, the King's Quest series, and Phantasmagoria. She is married to Ken Williams and retired from her career in 1999. Roberta Williams is one of the most influential PC game designers of the 1980s and 1990s, and has been credited with creating the graphic adventure genre.... more
- Age: 67
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useJane Jensen (born Jane Elizabeth Smith; January 28, 1963 in Palmerton, Pennsylvania) is an American video game designer and author. She is mostly known as the creator of the Gabriel Knight series of adventure games, and also co-founded Oberon Media and Pinkerton Road video game development companies. Jensen also writes under the name Eli Easton. ... more
- Age: 57
- Birthplace: Palmerton, Pennsylvania
- Jane McGonigal (born October 21, 1977) is an American game designer and author who advocates the use of mobile and digital technology to channel positive attitudes and collaboration in a real world context.... more
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania