List of famous female guitarists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female guitarists list contains the most prominent and top females known for being guitarists. There are thousand of females working as guitarists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic guitarists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a guitarist then the people below should give you inspiration.
List people include Memphis Minnie, India.Arie and many additional people as well.While this isn't a list of all female guitarists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female guitarists?" and "Who are the best female guitarists?"
- Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson (born October 25, 1984), known professionally as Katy Perry, is an American singer, songwriter, and television judge. After singing in church during her childhood, she pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001, which was commercially unsuccessful. She moved to Los Angeles the following year to venture into secular music after Red Hill ceased operations and she subsequently began working with producers Glen Ballard, Dr. Luke, and Max Martin. After adopting the stage name Katy Perry and being dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia... more
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: Santa Barbara, California, United States of America
- Miley Ray Hemsworth (née Cyrus, born Destiny Hope Cyrus; November 23, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. After playing minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish as a child, she became a teen idol in 2006, starring in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana as the character Miley Stewart. Her father, musician Billy Ray Cyrus, also starred in the series, which aired for four seasons until 2011. Cyrus has sold more than 20 million albums and 55 million singles worldwide. She has earned three number-one albums on the US Billboard 200 with Meet Miley Cyrus (2007), Breakout (2008), and Bangerz (2013). Her releases The Time of Our Lives (2009),... more
- Age: 27
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
- Taylor Alison Swift (born December 13, 1989) is an American singer-songwriter. She is known for narrative songs about her personal life, which have received widespread media coverage. Born and raised in Pennsylvania, Swift moved to Nashville, Tennessee at the age of 14 to pursue a career in country music. She signed with label Big Machine Records and became the youngest artist signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. Her 2006 eponymous debut album was the longest-charting album of the 2000s in the U.S., where it peaked at number five. The album's third single, "Our Song", made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs... more
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Reading, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Photo: Alexander Tamargo / Getty ImagesShakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll (born 2 February 1977) is a Colombian singer, songwriter, dancer, businesswoman, and philanthropist. Born and raised in Barranquilla, her first studio albums, Magia and Peligro, failed to attain commercial success in the 1990s; however, she rose to prominence in Latin America with her international debut album, Pies Descalzos (1996), and her fourth album, Dónde Están los Ladrones? (1998). Shakira entered the English-language market with her fifth album, Laundry Service in 2001. Its lead single, "Whenever, Wherever", became one of the most successful singles of 2002. Her success was solidified with her sixth and seventh albums Fijación Oral, Volumen Uno and Oral... more
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: Barranquilla, Colombia