List of famous female historians, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female historians list contains the most prominent and top females known for being historians. There are thousand of females working as historians in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic historians have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a historian then the people below should give you inspiration.
People on this list include Charlotte Erickson and Joan Wallach Scott.While this isn't a list of all female historians, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female historians?" and "Who are the best female historians?"
- Mary Martha Corinne Morrison Claiborne Roberts (née Boggs; born December 27, 1943), best known as Cokie Roberts, is an American journalist and a bestseller-author. She is a commentator on contract to National Public Radio as well as a regular roundtable analyst for the current This Week With George Stephanopoulos. Roberts also works as a commentator for ABC News, serving as an on-air analyst for the network. Roberts, along with her husband, Steven V. Roberts, writes a weekly column syndicated by United Media in newspapers around the United States. She serves on the boards of several non-profit organizations such as the Kaiser Family Foundation and was appointed by President George W. Bush... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 76
- Birthplace: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useCatharine Drew Gilpin Faust (born September 18, 1947) is an American historian and was the 28th President of Harvard University, the first woman to serve in that role. Faust is the former dean of the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study; she is Harvard's first president since 1672 without an undergraduate or graduate degree from Harvard and the first to have been raised in the South.In 2014, she was ranked by Forbes as the 33rd most powerful woman in the world. On February 11, 2018, it was officially announced that Lawrence Bacow would succeed her on July 1, 2018.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 73
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Dorothy Dietrich (born October 31, 1969) is an American stage magician and escapologist, best known as the first and only woman to have performed the bullet catch in her mouth, and the first woman to perform a straitjacket escape while suspended hundreds of feet in the air from a burning rope. She was the first woman to gain prominence as an escape artist since the days of Houdini, breaking the glass ceiling for women in the field of escapes and magic. The 2006 Columbia Encyclopedia included Dietrich among their "eight most noted magicians of the late 20th century", and entertainment writer Samantha Hart in "The Hollywood Walk of Fame: 2000 Sensational Stars, Star Makers and Legends",... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 50
- Birthplace: Erie, Pennsylvania
Charlotte EricksonCharlotte J. Erickson was an American historian.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 85 (1923-2008)
- Birthplace: Oak Park, Illinois