List of famous female lawyers, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female lawyers list contains the most prominent and top females known for being lawyers. There are thousand of females working as lawyers in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic lawyers have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a lawyer then the people below should give you inspiration.
This list includes Heather Heidelbaugh, Caryn Groedel and more.While this isn't a list of all female lawyers, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female lawyers?" and "Who are the best female lawyers?"
- Photo: Paul Morigi / Getty ImagesMichelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama (née Robinson; born January 17, 1964) is an American lawyer, university administrator and writer, who was the first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She is married to the 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama, and was the first African-American first lady. Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School. In her early legal career, she worked at the law firm Sidley Austin, where she met Barack Obama. She subsequently worked in non-profits and as the associate dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago and the vice president for Community and External Affairs... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Photo: Alexander Tamargo/Contributor / Getty Images EntertainmentHillary Diane Rodham Clinton (born Hillary Diane Rodham, October 26, 1947) is an American politician, diplomat, lawyer, writer and public speaker. She was First Lady of the United States from 1993 to 2001, a United States senator from New York from 2001 to 2009 and the 67th United States secretary of state from 2009 until 2013. Clinton became the first woman to be nominated for President of the United States by a major political party when she won the Democratic Party nomination in 2016. Raised in the Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Clinton graduated from Wellesley College in 1969 and earned a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School in 1973. After serving as a congressional legal counsel, she moved... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 72
- Birthplace: USA, Chicago, Illinois
- Ann Hart Coulter (; born December 8, 1961) is an American far-right media pundit, syndicated columnist, and lawyer. She became known as a media pundit in the late 1990s, appearing in print and on cable news as an outspoken critic of the Clinton administration. Her first book concerned the Bill Clinton impeachment, and sprang from her experience writing legal briefs for Paula Jones's attorneys, as well as columns she wrote about the cases.Coulter's syndicated column for Universal Press Syndicate appears in newspapers, and is featured on conservative websites. Coulter has also written 12 best-selling books expressing her political views.... more on Wikipedia
- Age: 58
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York
- Photo: Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS / Getty ImagesMargaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, (née Roberts; 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013) was a British stateswoman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office. A Soviet journalist dubbed her "The 'Iron Lady'", a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style. As Prime Minister, she implemented policies known as Thatcherism. She studied chemistry at Somerville College, Oxford, and worked briefly as a research chemist, before becoming a barrister. Thatcher was... more on Wikipedia
- Age: Dec. at 88 (1925-2013)
- Birthplace: Grantham, United Kingdom