List of famous female meteorologists, listed by their level of prominence with photos when available. This greatest female meteorologists list contains the most prominent and top females known for being meteorologists. There are thousand of females working as meteorologists in the world, but this list highlights only the most notable ones. Historic meteorologists have worked hard to become the best that they can be, so if you're a female aspiring to be a meteorologist then the people below should give you inspiration.
The list you're viewing is made up of many different women in meteorology, like Vivian Brown and Stephanie Abrams. Featuring weather girls and women popular on TV and more, this list has it all.While this isn't a list of all female meteorologists, it does answer the questions "Who are the most famous female meteorologists?" and "Who are the best female meteorologists?"
- Meteorologist ' ' 'Kristen Cornett' ' ' joined the 4 Warn Storm Team in October 2007, She provides the weather for weekends for News 4, Saturdays at 6 and 10 pm and Sundays at 5:30 and 10 pm, She provides also go green reports for News 4 on Tuesdays and Fridays, She fills in for Matt on Awake with News 4, or live in the field, or helping out during Storm Mode Coverage tracking the storms in the studio, In 1999, She earned the Seal Of Apporval from The American Meteorological Society and a member of the National Weather Association. Kristen grew up in Lexington, Kentucky, She fascinated severe weather at an early age and her parents drag her inside in her front porch during the storms,... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Lexington, Kentucky
- Cindy Preszler (born 1960) is a broadcast meteorologist for WeatherSTL.com, a dynamic, interactive site delivering up-to-date weather information for the Greater St. Louis metro area. She was a television weathercaster who was the chief meteorologist at KSDK-TV 5, the NBC affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri, from 1998 until 2016. Preszler was one of five female chief meteorologists that were on TEGNA-owned NBC affiliates, including Monica Woods of ABC affiliate KXTV in Sacramento. Prior to arriving in St. Louis in October, 1998, the South Dakota native worked at several TV stations, including Chicago's NBC-owned WMAQ-TV, as well as on The Weather Channel (1987–92). Preszler has won 5... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: South Dakota
- Meteorologist ' ' ' Kelly Cass' ' ' is an On-Camera Meteorologist at The Weather Channel, She first appeared on air at The Weather Channel in January 2000. Before joining The Weather Channel, She had been the morning weekday meteorologist at WRGB-TV, The CBS affiliate in Schenectady, NY, A position she held for seven years, While working at WRGB, She was awarded the New York State Broadcasting Award for "Best Storm Coverage" during the Blizzard of '93. Among the Special Reports presented by Cass for The Weather Channel was a feature about selected for a flight in an F-A 18 jet of the "Blue Angels" unit of the U.S. Navy. A Native of Poughkeepsie, She has a Special Interest in lake... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
- You can see Meteorologist ' ' ' Heather Tesch' ' ' weekdays at 10 am ET - 2 pm ET on The Weather Channel. Tesch comes to The Weather Channel from WCCO-TV in Minneapolis, MN, Where she worked as a Meteorologist on the WCCO This Morning Show, She brings with her extensive background in broadcasting and She has earned the American Meteorological Society's Seal Of Apporval. Tesch began her career as a weathercaster in Portland, ME, at WPXT-TV in 1992 and moved to WGME-TV the following year, Later she worked at WGAL-TV in Lanchester, PA, Before moving on to WCCO-TV in 1996. A Native of Buffalo, MN, Tesch earned a Bachelor's degree in journalism/broadcast from University Of... more on Wikipedia
- Birthplace: Buffalo, Minnesota, USA